Hydrogen generator, snake oil?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Campbell

Reaction score
I was wondering what were some opinions of people on this site on the use of a hydrogen generator to increase your gas mileage, i have been doing a bit of research on it and i have my opinion. but i would really like to know some other opinions. Dingo what do you think? anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
i kinda figured i would get more opinions on this. but i have been doing some research along with my boss and some fellow employees at work. we really think we have a strong design for one and are gonna build a prototype for his v8 mgb, if that goes well the rest of the employees will be getting and then so will the trac. if you do enough research i think its pretty clear that this can be done and it can make a difference. i just wanna do everything possible to make sure im not gonna hurt my only vehicle before i go full scale.

anyone on here done any experimenting with this yet?

check this video out. i have a couple problems with it but it does show that it does have some pros. one problem is where he sends the hydrogen and oxygen gas into the engine, i dont think he does it at the best spot. i also dont like his wiring or his vessel but it is just temporary anyway and its a simple version. and he doesnt drive it far enough to give legit numbers. but i find it very interesting, check it out

if you go on youtube and look up a guy named ZeroFossilFuel. this is the design i feel is very solid and the one we are basing our cells off of.

Clay, There is a guy on the explorer forum that is testing one now. I haven't looked at the forum in few weeks now. His member name is Aldive. He is also a member here, I believe. It is part of his quest to get more than 30 miles to the gallon. I think he is up to 34 mpg now out of his Explorer. I will try and find the post for you._Ron Post now added

thanks ron, but wow i hope the pictures in that post of his were just a test because that thing he made is way primitive and has to be pitiful. i will take time to read more of his posts later. i feel that this technology is very legitimate and feasable. however when it gets even more popular the government will find a way to crack down on it. and the solution you have left over when your done is supposedly highly toxic i heard. and im not too excited about a bunch of idiots pouring that stuff in water i drink and swim in. the hydrogen generator for my trac will be the last one built of the 5 employees at the shop so i will have reassurance that it will be safe and work. when the time comes i will keep everyone posted and will document our experimentation and progress

That guy is off his rocker! 30MPG from an exploder? Even with all those mods, I truly can't fathom 30MPG. I question that, and everything that guy says about this HHO mod.

There are Hydrogen generators and they do work. Honda is proposing a home hydrogen generator that will power your home and you can fill you car up off the same unit.

I suspect the unit you are talking about is a hydrogen generator that mounts on the vehiicle and extracts hydrogen from water to power the vehicle. There is such a device and the inventor claims to have powered a vehicle with his hydrogen generator which uses an exlectolysis process to separate the hydrogen and oxygen in the water.

This process has been done before but the question has always been "Can it produce enough to power an automobile engine? It is reported that the vehicle does require some amount of gasoline to operate, but it might be as little as 7%. The inventor claims that a single gallon of water contains the equivilant of 1500 gallons of hydrogen. In a gas form, hydrogen must be highly compressed and can be highly explosive. The inventor claims that a single gallon of water can power a vehicle for about 1500 miles?

I think there is potential in an on-board electrostatic hydrogen generator. It does not violate any rules of physics and has been done before, but I would not invest any money into this device,n unless you have the extra money and don;t mind the risk. I would wait until until it has been developed further and proven to work as well as the inventor claims. If it really works it will withstaqnd the scutiny and the smell test over the test of time.

The problem is that many of these devices have some potential, but the inventors hype them up to the point that nobody in their right mind would believe all the outragious claims.

...Rich

Latest posts