I am SUPER CEREAL you guys!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared Strube

Reaction score
I ordered this brand spankin' new Kenwood HU from my local audio store. It has a USB port on the front so hopefully I can plug in my 100 gig western digital passport hard drive and play copious amounts of music without having to buy a Crapple Ipod (no offense to apple fans by the way). It might not work the way I am hoping, in which case I will be cranky, but who knows. New stuff is always exciting.

[Broken External Image]:

Anyway, I asked this yesterday but I don't think I had a clever enough post title, so here goes again.

I need to sell my current stock Pioneer Adrenalin HU to be able to afford the new one (yes, yes, I know, how irresponsible of me to order something without being able to pay for it, but what can I say, I am young and stupid).

Do any of you know how much this HU would fetch on the eBay market (or better still, to someone on here)?

[Broken External Image]:

Your assistance is muchly appreciated!

~strube

yes, yes, I know, how irresponsible of me to order something without being able to pay for it, but what can I say, I am young and stupid

Isn't that the whole point to credit cards?

Strube,

My recommendation is to list it, and let the market determine the price. Since I purchased my Garmin GPS, I listed my MS Streets and Trips 06 and the GPS receiver from my 05 software. It ended at $75.00; a new copy can be purchased for that much.

In short, don't underestimate an overzealous and competitive bidder eager to throw money at you.

I don't have any idea on how much to start bidding on eBay for your stock head unit, but I'm interested in it so when you figure it out be sure to let me know.

For you audio pros, is there a significant quality difference between the Pioneer head unit in the Adrenalin models and the Pioneer 6-disc that I have in my '01?

I can't find one of these units to base a price off of, but according to what I have seen, the step down, or I guess it is the step down, which is the Pioneer "Audiophile" system, goes for somewhere between $200-$275, depending on condition.

I did find out that this thing isn't self-amplified. The amp is separate, and as an electrical engineer-to-be, I guarantee this means superior sound quality (amps cause lots of noise). I am not getting rid of my amp, so keep that in mind. I can't say anything about what it will just plug and play into yet except for fellow 590W "Ultimate Audio Systems" in Adrenalins. If the "Audiophile" version in the XLT's is amplified separately it might work, but I haven't had the time to check that out.

Maybe some of the other ST audio pro's who have done the swap could help out with fitment.

From Ford it is $675ish. So, once I find out if my new Kenwood works, I will probably attempt to get somewhere between $275 and $350, taking into consideration its newness. I will stew about it for a little while. Let me know if any of you that might be interested think this is out of line.

Anyway, I can't sell it until I test mr. Kenwood, so when that happens I will be sure to let anyone who is interested know, but please email me if you are indeed interested, because this thread could be forgotten in the past before I get the new HU, even with the witty thread title.

Rich, did you sell your ST? I saw a younger guy driving one that looked a LOT like yours, even with the myst stickers on it. He freaked when I pulled up next to him and yelled "Hey". ROFL, I thought he was going to have a heart attack, and then he "no hablo ingles".

Latest posts