I don't understand some of the arguments...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dallas Starr

Reaction score
Whenever I am reading a recent post about the 07 ST people seem to be bashing the price cause its 3-4K more than theirs when they bought theirs new.... ummm do you guys not realize you are getting a bigger, more powerful, upgraded version then the one you bought before. Of course they are not going to sell it for the same price as their quarter ton size underpowered version. Give your head a shake.

I was on the ford.ca website. and I built the f150 club cab fx4 package with leather, basically tried to match the options i would buy with the ST and it came to $49,784 CDN

http://www.ford.ca/main/default.asp?language=en&section=2&source=&sVehCategory=FordTrucks&model=F-150

Built My ST on the same site for $40,994 CDN.

http://www.ford.ca/main/default.asp?language=en&section=2&source=&sVehCategory=FordTrucks&model=Explorer+Sport+Trac

So why would I spend $9,000 CDN more to just get a less comfortable ST that can tow a little more?

Sorry .... just had to vent

Dallas

remember... this is canadian prices

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, people have to understand that material and production costs have changed, so they have to past that increase along to the customer. Just my .02 though.

MK ..... The "other" Mark

Try about $ 8K more. I bought my 2002 ST with 2WD loaded (EVERY option except limited slip) for $ 23,700 total. That includes all the little junk fees.

Ford shows the equivalent v6 at over $ 31k. Add nearly $ 2k of junk fees. Granted there will be discounts eventually.

I realize it is a dramatically improved vehicle, even without the v8, but my question is why it costs as much as the new loaded up Lariat that my buddy just bought?

I think ford is pricing themselves out of a significant market share. For that kind of money, i will buy the larger truck. I know others may want the smaller package.

BTW, I think it is a very cool truck and I don't complain about the price, just pointing a few things out.

I think you could probably get a better deal on an F150. I mean, if you want a bigger more powerful truck, then why not just get an F150?

I agree that the 07 appears at first glance to be priced a little high. Or perhaps maybe all previous year Sport Tracs were priced a little low and very good bargains. I believe TomT is on the money. Ford seems to have eliminated the middle range bargain Sport Trac. Your choice should now be either Ranger or F series. If an F series is only going to cost a little more than the Sport Trac then the choice is clear.

I think from what I've seen they are pretty well priced. My stock '03 listed for $29k. (luckily I was able to get it for $21k) Just compare it to getting an Explorer. Used ones go for that much and in my opinion aren't as useful.;)

I paid 28k for my 01 in New Mexico, and it was BONE STOCK NOTHING. (cd, air & cruise) I think the price is not bad at all. The one I saw today was well equiped for 29.5k Time to dump the Expi and buy another Trac:lol:

i went to the site that was posted here a few weeks ago to "build" an 07 similar to my 03. i tried to match it the best i could. i did switch out the V6 for the V8 and the price was just over 8 grand more than my 03.

the site from afew weks ago was in canadian dollars.... i would know... i was oneof the ones that sent the link....

hahhaa

Dallas

I paid 24K for my 2001 Sport Trac and it was fairly plain. Small console, cheap seats, not step bars, no leather, and no sunroof. I even bought my hard tonneau cover 2 months after because Ford had not released the tonneau cover yet.

My 2003 Sport Trac XLT Premium had nearly all the bells and whistles except leather seats and the sunroof with an MSRP over $26K ($1200 cheaper than any other similarly equiped XLT) and I got it for a little over $21K with an X-Plan and $2500 in rebates.

...Rich

The sticker on my 2001(everything except leather and 4WD) was $28,000 using A-plan brought it to 24 then taxes and stuff ran it back up to $26,000. Still have it and she runs good. 98,000 miles now

Y'all have a good one

Bob

Wow. I guess because the ST was such a new model, the 01's were priced high. I paid less then 20k for my 02. It's a pretty basic model: ac, auto, cloth seats. But that's everything I needed in a truck. I've said it before and I will say it again. I love my ST but it's not worth more then 20K. With fancy options maybe a little more but I wouldn't spend more than 10% of the vehicles base price on options. Your just putting fancy stuff on a cheap vehicle.

Latest posts