I get lucky every once in a while

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed ritti

Reaction score
I have to say thanks to everyone for giving me advice on my key issue. since i bought the truck I had one key break in half in the tonneau cover and the other bend at a 90 degree angle in my pocket (no idea, so don't ask). I hammered the 'good' key back to semi-straight and used it for 5 weeks, despite the fragile state.

during that time i bought blanks from a sponsor and today I had them cut and programmed by fred beans ford in boyertown - they were great. $60 for two keys cut and programmed.

I went to my tee time and went to unlock the bed with my 'old' key - it snapped in the lock. How lucky am I? I plan on playing powerball, searching lost revenue websites, and hitting AC.

Thanks to everyone that guided me on this board.

That's great, I agree this site and people are awesome!

One suggestion. Have a third key cut and program it yourself.

Two keys are required, otherwise you will need a dealer or locksmith. (If you lose or break one)

Last edited by a moderator:
I second @swshawaii. The first thing I did when I bought my trac before leaving the showroom was buy a 3rd key. They offered to program it for a "fee", I politely declined. Always have at least two extra programmed keys kicking around, it will save you down the road.