i got a freakin ticket

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
Well i was headed home from bringing my Drafting teacher a Christmas present, and when i turned back on the highway i got busted. I pulled out and was staying along side an eighteen-wheeler went over a bridge and saw blue lights: i looked down at the speedometer and knew what was happening. The H.P. pulled me over and wrote me up, 84 in a 65. I guess he felt like pulling me over rather than the 18 wheeler. This same H.P. gave his mom a ticket and told her ," I'm just doing my job". Well i just figured i would let ya'll know i got my first ticket last night and my mom is not too happy. But the good thing is, all i have to pay is 40 bucks for driving school and then it even gets cleaned off my record.

Like he told his mom -- he was doing his job. At least he was nice and wrote it for 19 over. I believe 20 over is wreckless driving? Not sure....

Bad time of year to be speeding, the police here are stepping it up big time with all the holiday travel going on.

But the good thing is, all i have to pay is 40 bucks for driving school and then it even gets cleaned off my record.

Must be nice. In CA you still have to pay the cost of the ticket AND you have to pay the fee for the traffic school. And, the school is a lot more than $40. Welcome to Taxifornia.

Interestingly just received an email regarding speeding tickets. Enjoy the read.

Dave S - I really do not see the need for your post. Especially the assumption(s) (lives with parents free) and he is paying the consequences, which appears to be $40 and a class.

Seems like a stand up kid if he is taking a present to a teacher. Teacher's are lucky to get respect these days.

Hopefully this event will enlighten him to slow down.

84 in a 65 is a little more than a slight oversight. It's a deliberate, meaningful attempt to break the law. At least it is where I come from. And there's no wimp-out driving school here. You simply get what you deserve. Period.

Welcome to Wisconsin. Where 84 in a 65 costs you $261.60, court costs, and 6 points. :eek:

If you go 84 in a 65 around here, cops cruising will leave you in the dust.

Heck, cops around here Tailgate you on major roads if you go anywhere near the speed limit.

Even State Police.

"Hey, what's that car behind me?"

"What Car?" (says my accomplice riding shotgun)

"The car getting so personal with my bumper that I can't see the headlights in any mirror."

"Oh....uhh (waits till car cuts person in other lane off and jumps ahead of us)....it's a cop."

The Law--leading the way over Rice and Plymouth Voyagers in obscene tailgating of speed limit abiding citizens.

The Law even passes on the right, probably more often than on the left. Glad to see that they're conservative, but with these sort of practices, is it any wonder that everyone despises the Law on the road? I'm safer--I can only go 95, and they can go 125-135 :) (that's sarcasm, btw)

Bill V, Mark K -

Guess you never break the speed limit? Especially in your younger-years? Even going 1 mph over is BREAKING THE LAW and no different then 19 over other then the penalty. Give the guy a break.

I think part of Tyler's argument is that the HP should have ticketed the 18-wheeler. Yes, it is the HP's choice who he pulls over but whom is going to do the most damage when involved in an accident? (the reason for the law, right?) Hmmm. 80K lbs or 5.5K lbs? Do the other people on the highway a favor and ticket the person that is causing the greatest threat to other drivers.

The story about the HP giving his mom a ticket is BS. If he did, I hope his mom kicked him in the balls.

Hmm... Not passing judgment here just some observations and comment.

The op stated "I pulled out and was staying along side an eighteen-wheeler went over a bridge and saw blue lights" Unless it was a very short bridge, I find it hard to believe an eighteen-wheeler could maintain 84mph on the incline. The 18-wheeler was probably doing 64mph up the bridge and 84 mph down the other side (mph is just for illustration, obviously I don't know how fast he was going). Whereas, the Trac could easily do 84mph on either the incline or decline. So it could be the the OP was clocked on the incline (up the bridge) will actually traveling faster than the 18-wheeler but was at equal speed coming down the bridge (decline). In other words the 18-wheeler may not have been speeding at the time the OP was clocked by the HP.

Well first off, i wasn't complaining about anything in the thread other than i got a ticket lol. But the bridge wasn't an incline it simply went over a creek.

What is the point of this thread? You were speeding,got caught, recieved a ticket, and deserved it. So it sounds like you need to slow down if you were doing 84mph, and pay attention to your surroundings.

Point of the thread is to rant, hence the category.

I'm not saying he did not deserve the ticket, just I understand that even though he was in the wrong, it sucks to get a ticket.

The normal progression of speeding posts here:

A: I got a ticket for n mph in a y zone.

B: Do the crime, do the time.

C: Weren't you young? Mistakes happen.

D: Your parents should be disappointed in you.

A: I'm 47.

D: Doesn't matter.

B: Amen.

C: You guys need to lighten up.

E: Stupid cops are always out to get the innocent driver. Go after drug dealers.

F: Don't call me stupid.

E: I mean all but you.

F: Jerk.

E/F: [13 posts of arguing on the role of police.]

H: I hate Bush.

A: What the hell are you talking about?

H: You're all lemmings. Quit spinning the truth! Cronies!

A-F: [shake head]

A: Merry Christmas!

Put it this way, you speed, you've done it how many times before? you got caught once so far. You will speed again (most likely) until you get caught again. Then ask yourself if one ticket and some school is really that bad compared to the number of times you could have gotten caught. You were blatantly over the speed limit so there's no excuse you did it you got caught. Thats just my theory on it.

Well, in Tyler's defence they should have pulled over the semi as well or neither of them, but thats a matter of personal opinion again. You could contend that he was going with the flow of traffic etc.

Latest posts