I just joined the club...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raser x

Reaction score
A sixteen year old girl who was putting on her make up:huh: while driving hit my wifes Sport trac:angry:.....at least no one was in it.

The funny part is the girl initially took off. The Python alarm made so much noise that people were pointing so I guess she got scared and circled the block. The alarm paid for itself.....yay :lol:.

Got the rear bumper, bedside, tail gate and turn signal....SUX...

I'll post a pic tomorrow to dark today...

Make sure they 'wack' her for leaving the scene of an accident, even if she did return. She had bad intentions but only returned because she knew she was seen/caught.

Damn kids!

yup, sucks. Glad no one was hurt.

Todd Z

Lots of things hit for the speed she should have been going while putting on make up.

Hey, how'd you know she was putting on make up. Did she admit it?

Sorry to hear. I do hope she had Insur. My wifes Jeep was hit while parked at work and the ass that did it was trying to get away when she was leaving work and she was able to stop him. He had an insur. card and everything but later found out that he let it lapse about 1 week before this and we were out the deductable and never will see that $500 again.:angry:;)

Travis, why "wack" her? She came back?

Yes, I am a HUGE proponent of personal responsibility, but at 16, I would cut her a little slack and hope she learns her lesson. Also, could we give her the benefit of the doubt...maybe if it was a sideswipe, she circled the block just to get back to the accidents. 16 year olds don't have the best judgement, especially in time of crisis, but ultimately she did come right back, right, and we can't be sure what her motive was for coming back.

I can see wanting to teach her a lesson, though.

I guess I just remember what it was like being 16, and would want someone to cut me some slack if that were me.

I think it would be hard to make the charges of leaving the scene stick.

TJR

Gotta agree with TJR. Especially having had my own 16 year old daughter that totaled her first car within 6 months of driving. Cut her some slack and just let the insurance company deal with it. Every day is a new experience for first time drivers. Most of them learn by their mistakes. My daughter has had an unblemished driving record over the last 5 years.

I will say that 16 is probably way to young for people to start driving.

I beg to differ on the "cut her some slack". There are too many times kids are "cut some slack" because they are kids. Let's starting making the youth of America be held responsible for their own actions. Let's teach them that there are consequences for their actions. Better to teach them a lesson now then wait until they hurt somebody. I'm not saying throw in her jail. But I was taught in drivers ed that if I hit something, I stop, pull over and don't even give the impression that I'm driving away. Chances are that they will give her the benefit of the doubt. Guess it will depend on what the witnesses say it looked like her intentions were.

OK, I'll get off of my high-horse now.

Kimbro, you don't have to beg to differ, just differ...it's okay. I respect all opinions.

Kimbro says:
Chances are that they will give her the benefit of the doubt. Guess it will depend on what the witnesses say it looked like her intentions were.

I'm not so much saying to "cut the girl some slack" as I am asking what can one prove, and what does one hope to prove, and what is the lesson one hopes to instill by "wacking" her?

She came back (fact), the reasons for which could vary, and she left the scene (argueably) , the reasons for which vary.

I think she should have been responsible, and ideally she should have stopped the second she realized she hit something, if it was safe to do so. Note there are a couple of conditions there...when did she realize, where was she then, and was it safe and appropriate to stop then.

The lesson to be learned in this one comes from discussing with the teen WHY she did what she did, and instructing what she should have done. If that DOES end up meaning a ticket for leaving the scene, which I doubt given the fact that she came back, so be it.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts