I just test drove an 07 ST!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Szoka

Reaction score
I just put the first 5 miles on a Blue XLT 07 Sport Trac:p. The dealer said it had just finished PDI, but I think they interrupted it so that I could drive it. It was still a little dusty from transport.

It rode nice. I really like the interior. I did not get as much time "Exploring" it as I would like since

I was on my lunch break. I'll go back when I get more time. At least they are starting to show up.

I will be waiting for the summer to take delivery of mine since I want the Power Down Backlite, and NAV system.

Was the interior more "roomy"?

Was it a v-8? how did it feel withthe v8?

Last edited by a moderator:
The interior was very roomy. It had cloth seating and the two-tone fabic is nice. I also liked the floor shifter. The handle design did not bother me, as it did some reviewers. Visibility, inside and out, was also very good.

Unfortunately, it was a V6 model. It was peppy enough, but I still would like to try out the V8, since that is what I am going to order. The cubbies in the truck bed are cool. The 2 little 6-pack ones up front are easy to get at, but to get to the larger one nearer the cab, you have to climb into the bed. Not a problem for long term storage though.

I did not have a chance to get into the back seat. Stupid move on my part!:(

Another dealer in my area has a fully loaded V8 Limited in Dark Cherry on order. He said it should have been here already, so he is probably close to getting it in. I really want to drive that one when it comes in. Add NAV, and the Power Back Window, and that's my truck!

I saw, but didn't drive, the blue one in Fairfax today. It was getting ready to get cleaned up. I'll wait for a V8 to test drive.

Random thoughts: I generally prefer cloth interiors, but the material didn't seem as durable as what's in my '02 ST. I don't think the appearance of that tan (very light) would hold up very well to mud from hiking, camping, kids soccer, etc. I'll wait to see the gray before I judge it too much though. I like the bed. They did a nice job of carving out the inside edges to make more room. Basically, there is very little gap between the outside skin and the inside bed wall. The main storage compartment near the cab has a release lever on the driver's side of the bed. Handy. You don't have to climb in to open it. But you would probably have to get in or hang over the edge to get something out of it. I didn't notice that lever until the second time I was looking at the bed. It's easy to miss. It also has slots for 2x4s both on the wheel wells and near the tailgate so you can easily make a shelf. Tailgate and rest of back looks much better to me. Tailgate is very light. There are no storage areas behind the back seats. Bummer. There is a speaker behind the driver's side back seat. It may have an upgraded stereo, maybe its a storage area with a normal stereo? Looks like it could be a storage compartment. Oh, and the dealer had not one, but two, GTs in the showroom. Whew, those are nice looking cars! :cool:

Latest posts