• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SportTrac Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted I need a G2 Sport Trac Bed Extender.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I FOUND A NEW ONE. After years of waiting and shopping I finally found one on eBay from a dealer of NOS Ford parts who was able to ship it to me. Thank You So Much SportTrac.org for helping me find a factory Ford Bed Extender for my 2010 Ford SportTrac Limited.

I need a G2 Sport Trac Bed Extender for a 2010 ST with a hard tonneau. I have looked everywhere for the factory FORD "kit" and it is "discontinued". For reference it is described as :
"Genuine Ford Part # 7A2Z99286A40AB (7A2Z-99286A40-AB) - Bed extender. Kit".
All I really need is the bed extender itself and if possible the two "striker bolts" the extender mounts to.
I can pay via PayPal or VISA or I can send a money order as you prefer.

Last edited:
You will not find new, Shipping is big bucks..... Just search the swap and sells, Face book forums and local junk yards... Don't give up..

I found one searching on Craigslist for months. I totally paid too much and shipping was more than the unit.

I just found one on Facebook but the clips that connects to the bolt on the bed are missing. Does anyone know if the f150 or any other bed extender share the same mounting technique?

I just found one on Facebook but the clips that connects to the bolt on the bed are missing. Does anyone know if the f150 or any other bed extender share the same mounting technique?
I can reply to this. I have had GREAT DIFFICULTY finding the original striker-style bolts you speak of. The DO occasionally appear on eBay. The part number is going to be, "W712859S900" or "W712859-S900". I had to wait a few weeks before finding two of them To answer your question, YES, the F-150 style bolts WILL fit but not very well. The F150 bolts are shorter in thread length than the correct ones so they will fit and they will work but they do not go in very far, not as much as I personally am comfortable with. If you are in a pinch and cannot find the proper bolts the ones for the F150 will tide you over. The first picture below shows the correct bolt. The second shows the F150 bolt. Hope this is helpful.

Attachments

• w712859s900-new-genuine-ford-bolt-w712859s900-w712859-s900-oem-3.png
    w712859s900-new-genuine-ford-bolt-w712859s900-w712859-s900-oem-3.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 50
  • s-l1600 (53).jpg
    s-l1600 (53).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 53
Amazon has them. $20.

Tha k you for the information. I didn’t phrase my question clearly but with your information I think they may fit. I need the clips inside the bed extender that attach to those bolts. I have the bolts on the sport trac and I actually have two bed extenders. One of them has broken parts all over and one of the clips that attach to the bolts and the one I got from Facebook does not have any clips that attach to the bolts. Since these are kinda rare I was hoping I could find a f150 bed extender and remove the clips and put them into the sport trac extender.

Ahh ok got it now. I may have part numbers somewhere. About once a year I see the plastic rib pop up on eBay for sale too. You just have to keep on looking.

I bought one and the stud kit when I bought my 2007 new. I sold it after a few years because I didn't think I really needed it. MISTAKE!! I realized just how handy it came at times.
You get real good advice and pointers for items you need here on this forum!

Last edited:
I have a pair I can sell.
Do you still have the pair off “striker bolts” or end support screws. These are the screws that are screwed into your truck bed, and then the truck bed extender latches on to them. If so I am willing to buy them. Please let me know. I believe they are part # w712859S900 as mentioned above, and they are also shown in this photo

Attachments

• 306CB30D-6CF5-4B25-AF0E-5420E3756228.jpeg
    306CB30D-6CF5-4B25-AF0E-5420E3756228.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 0
I need a G2 Sport Trac Bed Extender for a 2010 ST with a hard tonneau. I have looked everywhere for the factory FORD "kit" and it is "discontinued". For reference it is described as :
"Genuine Ford Part # 7A2Z99286A40AB (7A2Z-99286A40-AB) - Bed extender. Kit".
All I really need is the bed extender itself and if possible the two "striker bolts" the extender mounts to.
I can pay via PayPal or VISA or I can send a money order as you prefer.

I have OEM extender 7A2Z-99286A40-AB from my 2008 Sport Trac Limited. Only part missing is W712859S900 bolt/s that stayed with my 2008 trade-in.

Do you still have the pair off “striker bolts” or end support screws. These are the screws that are screwed into your truck bed, and then the truck bed extender latches on to them. If so I am willing to buy them. Please let me know. I believe they are part # w712859S900 as mentioned above, and they are also shown in this photo
I'll have to look. I'm not sure if I was referring to bolts or the clips above.

I think I was referring to the clips in the bed extender. The bed I took off my '01 still has the striker bolts in it, but they aren't coming out. Assuming the striker bolts are the same for both generations of Sport Tracs, you can use door striker bolts, but I don't know the #. For my '02, I took some off several Ford cars at the salvage yard, but I don't know which ones worked. The parts stores have door striker bolts in the HELP section. These are the measurements that work for the 1st Gen Sport Tracs - head diameter = 3/4", length from the washer to the outside edge of the head is 5/8 to 3/4". The original '01 part is 5/8, but the bolts I used on my '02 are 3/4". Stick with those meant for Fords to get the correct diameter bolt.

If your truck didn't come from the factory with an extender, the holes might not be threaded. That was the case with my '02. The bolts will cut the threads, but it's difficult to keep them straight while turning them in as they turn hard. Easier to get a tap of the correct size. They can be bought individually, and used with vise grips.

This is what I’m thinking. Says it will fit. Has the hardware also

Attachments

• 5EB72327-98FE-4483-A553-2A1D20A1156B.png
    5EB72327-98FE-4483-A553-2A1D20A1156B.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts