I need everybodies knowledge on this one

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A co-worker of mine just bought an 05 Escape and his gas cap says the same thing. Thought it was funny seeing it there but I use BP anyway.

Chase, you're right, it does stand for Beyond Petroleum.

Ford is probably just picking up a few dollars for shilling BP gas. As far as GM using Mobil 1 for factory fill and recommended replacement, here goes:

By using Mobil 1 in the Corvette that allowed them to get rid of the oil cooler since M1 will hold its viscosity better when it gets hot.

In the rear-drive Cadillac Northstars, there are special valve lifters which require an oil that maintains a very stable viscosity over time, hence again Mobil 1 is recommended.

A lot of garden variety 5w-30 dino oils are effectively functioning as a 20-weight after about 2000 miles.

I know that not too long ago the BP by my house did some huge Ford promotional thing where if you bought $XX in fuel you get a scratchoff ticket to win a new F150. I didn't win :( bummer....

We don't even have BP stations in Okla... like Tom said, 'top tier' fuel is a joke and a rip-off for the consumer. I look for the cheapest price that is along my route.

I rarely buy gas from BP because the stations around here are usually higher in price than Shell, and (for what it's worth) BP isn't even on the Top Tier list. It's usually Shell or Exxon for me.