I now have Equal in my tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used Equal in there tires?

http://www.imiproducts.com/equal/

I have now put my Mickey Thompson baja belted hp 35x12.50-16LT-8Ply Tires on Mickey Thompson Classic Lock Cast Aluminum Wheels

I went from the Mickey Thompson baja belted hp 33x12.50 to 35x12.50

and I needed to balace them so someone told me about Equal

Do you have any rubbing problems with the 35s with the body lift and the TT/SL? I have 33s with that set up and have a little bit of rubbing. How much do you have with 35s?

Just make sure that when you add air that it is filtered so that no moisture gets in the tire, otherwise you will have problems.We quit use it because we couldn;t control the moisture.other than that it is good stuff.

tracnyak

I had some rubbing with the 33s on stock rims.

they rubbed on the front sway bar

and i had some small trimming to do in wheel wells

The new rims have a offset on them and they do not rub on the sway bar anymore

even with the 35s

And I had to do more trimming in the front wheel wells

I have never heard of this but I am interested. From the web site I gather it is geared for commercial or 18 wheel vehicles. Is it ok or recommended for passenger vehicles? Most importantly the Sport Trac. Do I understand correctly that if you drop a bag of this in the tires prior to mounting that you will never have to balance the tires again? This seems like an incredible alternative to lead balancing especially if you have aftermarket rims. I want to hear more bout this stuff so please post if you have any info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me,

You pretty much sumed it up. It was designed for 18 wheelers and commercial vehicles. They list sizes of many passenger tires, so it is fine for our vehicles.

I did not know about the equal when I got my tires mounted and balanced. If I did, I would have gotten it.

Tom

I need to hear more on this!!!

Are you guys kidding, or is this a serious alternative to balancing?

And since Equal is low-calorie, does this mean we will get better mileage since

our trac's are "lighter"!?!?:blink:

I saw a similar product once, but that one required special valve stems so the product wouldn't clog them.

Caymen...relax! Anytime somebody asks a question, it usually gets answered somewhere along the thread. The "stupid cracks"...IMHO...are actually kinda funny sometimes!:lol:

Hate the look of those outside rim weights. I use the stick-on weights fastened to the inside of my aftermarket rims.

Equal and Dyna Beads seem like a clever idea, but the moisture issue is troubling.

If you ever fill your tires up with air from a gas station pay for air and water type setup then you will have tires full of water. Of course any professional tire shop and/or garage will have or should have the moisture removed from their air systems so that should be okay. If you have an air system at home you should have a small oil and moisture separator somewhere in the line so you get clean oil and water free air at the chuck. As a teenager with beater cars I frequently filled up air in slow leak tires at the gas station parking lots late at night. I have seen as much as a gallon of water dumped out of one of my tires from this practice. I had no idea it was even in there until the tire tech came and got me from the waiting room to tell me that was the reason my tires couldn't be balanced.

Latest posts