i see why

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
i now see why you guess are putting sway bars on your rides. my mom is finally letting me drive by myself so i was leaving the parking lot at school and when i got out and straightened it back up it started to jerk and what not. I now see why you get them. How uch would one be?

Ah, so now that you can drive by yourself, you're driving like a maniac? Nice. Hopefully you'll learn to drive a truck, like a truck, before you end up in an accident.

Kids nowadays...sheesh.:lol:...if it's "jerkinG' just from pulling out of a parking lot...you're just one more kid with too much vehicle...SLOW DOWN before you wreck your Trac or kill someone. I hate to break this to you, but if you're just starting to drive on your own...even if you're the smartest kid in your state, you are still an inexperienced driver. You don't need a swaybar, kid, you need about five more years of practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out explorer express's website, they still sell it i think. You can find their link in the site sponsors tab at the left.

Even with the swaybar and new shocks and whatnot, you're still driving a vehicle which center of gravity is higher than that of a sports car, so drive accordingly... ;)

i now see why you guess are putting sway bars on your rides. my mom is finally letting me drive by myself so i was leaving the parking lot at school and when i got out and straightened it back up it started to jerk and what not. I now see why you get them. How uch would one be?

Dude, they are sway bars, not jerk bars (or What-not Bars). If the truck was swaying back and forth sway bars might help. But if it was jerking, you may have some other problem.

We "guess" are worried about you.

Tyler,

Assuming you didn't do anything stupid while pulling out of the lot:

IIRC, the sway bar was $200 shipped, but it may be more now. It controls sway, mainly in curves, and most noticeably at hwy speeds.

Your jerking may be related to the shocks, if you're referring to the body bouncing excessively when you pulled out of the lot, and possibly went off a curb?

The rest of you, grow up and stop dog-piling on others.

Am I missing something here? This isn't the usual kind of response from people on this site... Well, besides the "use the SEARCH button", anyway.

Yes, you need to drive the vehicle the way it's meant to be driven, and do it responsibly. That aside, all of us know the ST doesn't handle great with the stock shocks and sway bar.

**Edit: Nobleman beat me to it.**

Tyler, You obviously have your head on right being that you are driving a Sport Trac. I have noticed the swaying and rocking that comes with these trucks. The Sway Bar from Explorer Express fixes all that. Couple that with some shocks, and your ST will feel like a totally different vehicle. Good luck.

Tommy

i was leaving school and my mom was behind me and i wasn't doing anything crazy. the only reason i left the parking lot fast is becuase it is on th top of a hill and you can't see anything on the other side. Just because i'm a kid doesn't meen i drive bad. Id ToddZ would have said it you wouldn't have gave him those responces now would you? But thaks nobleman.

Id ToddZ would have said it you wouldn't have gave him those responses now would you? But thaks nobleman.

Dewd,

Seriously, Don't drag any ones name into things, thats not right...

#1, I would have NEVER asked a question like that.

#2, I believe I am a a member long enough and have shown my intelligence as well as maturity on here as not to get those responses even if I ask an off the wall question...

#3, I am not On a high horse, and I am not going to start a pissing match because 5 years of Automotive engineering in college has taught me better...

Just do a search and you will see my name is not one you want to drag through the mud or use in an improper way around here...

JUST FYI SEE LINK....

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=759728&sitename=mysporttrac

Tyler, they're $179.95 from Explorer Express as others have mentioned. Click on my link below and scroll down some. A member has also posted step by step installation instructions in the 'projects' section. As you already suspect, this beefier swaybar improves cornering and reduces side to side roll. I doubt you'll regret getting one. Goodluck.

GM.... L:lol:L...

Flipper, Mr. serious.... HAHAHAHAHA :p:p:p:lol::lol:

Todd Z