Ian, new here

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Murray

Reaction score
Lost all keys, erased keys in system, now key programmer won't program new keys. I have an 03 sport Trac.

You need 2 active keys to program another, so even if you had 1 it would not do it.
Dealer or a good locksmith with the programing tools is needed now.

Forscan Maybe -

I successfully added more keys to my 2004. But in the end I wated to give keys to my while family 5 plus 2 for my key rings. So dropped the steering wheel surround, pulled the RF reciever and taped a transpoder chip to it. Now keys only cost $6

This is from some other guys post.

[IMG]https://www.lightningrodder.com/d1/avatars/s/74/74366.jpg?1663338754[/IMG]
L82brake Discussion starter
270 posts · Joined 2020

#6 · May 4, 2020
My OBDII ELM357 adapter arrived and I tried to add my new key and FORScan instead erased all my keys! The ECU said it had two keys and after trying to add a third new key it deleted all of them. Yep, truck would not start. Visions of a tow truck ride to the dealer explaining how I broke my truck like a dumb ass went through my head. The software was supposed to allow you to simply add a third key. So I started fresh and told FORScan to erase all the keys and program two new ones. Well ... it worked. Total Cost - $29 for the ELM327 cable, $12 for a key, $0 at home depot for a cut = $41. Here's three links to products that work in case someone wants to try it themselves:

I do have an sbb pro2 immobilizer programmer if anyone has any pointers? Would it not program the #1, or#2 keys if it's calling for key# 9 on the pats job aid? I'm getting a 1-4 theft link blink and 9602 partial key read error from immobilizer programmer.

Latest posts