If you are wondering where all the first gen sport tracs are?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RR-sport trac

V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2002 1st Gen
Reaction score
Hi All

I have been noticing that where I live in Sonoma County California that there are very few 1st gen STs around (and even fewer 2nd gen) - I can go days without seeing another one.

And we make the drive to Mexico a couple of times a year to visit my wife's family - this time I saw one other ST on the road through California, Arizona and New Mexico - maybe two - but as soon as we crossed the border I started seeing them.

Over Christmas we have been near a small town - San Juan del Rio - in the state of Durango and there are a lot of 1st gens here - yesterday alone I saw 6 maybe 7....

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

That doesn't surprise me. I was going to Mexico a lot in the mid 90s. 4DR Trucks, mostly Nissan, were already the most popular vehicle style. They called them Double' Cabins.

yep they still call them "Doble cabanas" or camioneta con Quatro piertas - four door pick up - Nissan makes a small 4 door here in mexico that you cannot get in the us that is very popular

I've still got my 2002. Original owner. Still looks and runs great. I keep it maintained and cared for. Since I'm near retirement, it's probably going be my daily driver until someone takes my keys away from me. 😆
Nowhere near Mexico, though. I'm in Oregon.

EricP

That is great to hear - I agree whole heartedly - I checked out the US ranger and had one for a week for work precovid and it was great but at the end of the day the cost was just not worth it

I also ha e no plans for getting rid of my 2002 - but I have only had it since 2016

EricP

That is great to hear - I agree whole heartedly - I checked out the US ranger and had one for a week for work precovid and it was great but at the end of the day the cost was just not worth it

I also ha e no plans for getting rid of my 2002 - but I have only had it since 2016
Same here. I looked at the new Ranger, but after considering all the things I'd have to do to it, to get it where I've got my Trac now, I decided to just keep the Trac. I've customized it over the years to exactly what I want in a truck.

Dumb question I suppose but what is the difference between Gen1 and Gen2?

2001-2004 vs 2006+Later
Correction
2001~2005 vs 2007+Later

Last edited:
ST number 1 sales states, FL, CA, TX...…

Still have my '01. 332K miles. New engine at 315 and rebuilt tranny at 297. Not my daily driver anymore, but still does everything I ask of her...
So did you have the original motor rebuilt or did you replace it with another

My motor just turned past 246 K and I am starting to plan - wish I could put a 3.5 ecoboost but that is probably a pipe dream

Hi All

I have been noticing that where I live in Sonoma County California that there are very few 1st gen STs around (and even fewer 2nd gen) - I can go days without seeing another one.

And we make the drive to Mexico a couple of times a year to visit my wife's family - this time I saw one other ST on the road through California, Arizona and New Mexico - maybe two - but as soon as we crossed the border I started seeing them.

Over Christmas we have been near a small town - San Juan del Rio - in the state of Durango and there are a lot of 1st gens here - yesterday alone I saw 6 maybe 7....

Happy New Year!

Hey there,
I'm curious if you own the copper colored first gen? I live in the Russian river area in Sonoma county also and I just purchased my 2005 tan first gen adrenaline about a month ago.

I do live in the Russian River area (near Speers Market) but drive a white 2002 - I will be on the lookout for your tan ST and the copper colored one - I have also seen another white one in the area

I do live in the Russian River area (near Speers Market) but drive a white 2002 - I will be on the lookout for your tan ST and the copper colored one - I have also seen another white one in the area
I used to live on Trenton Rd across from Speers, but now in Duncan's Mills.
Absolutely flag me down if you see me ( roof rack should give it away). Cheers!

started seeing a lot of Sport Tracs here in Denver CO, once I had mine ;-)
mostly 2nd gen though, I get a bit of envy.. my 1st gen is 155k and badly rusted, we are on borrowed time I feel.. but going to drive it until one of us gives up..