illumination of light switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joel shanus

Reaction score
Just got a 2002 Sport Trac, Great truck!! Question: Does te light swith on the dashboard illuminate when the light are turned on? all the other dash light illuminate, but the light switch does not!! My friend has the same year sports trac and his does not light up either. If so is it easy to replace the burned out lamp?

Thanks, Could not find this answer in the search!! :(

The power mirror switch does not light up eaither.... and the door switches do stay lit up once you shut off the truck..

Welcome to the site !!!!

Todd Z

Todd, the door switches stay lit after shutting truck off? Not on mine. When the headlights go off, so do the door switches. Same thing when I lock the window controls, the window switch no longer illuminates.

The headlight switch bulb has a long history of burning out easily. I had mine replaced twice while it was under warranty. I think there is a project for replacing the bulb, but I'm not sure.

Jerry....

My switches on my 03 and 04 stay lit for a good 20 min.....

My 03 has no auto lights or any thing like the 04 does..

Both do the same thing..

Todd Z

My 02's door lock lights stay lit...it's kinda cool.

How much of a pain is it to put an LED in the headlight place, as my headlight indicator has never lit up in the 40,000+ miles that I've driven my trac, and if I'm going to replace it, I might as well do it all at once...and then replace my dash lights, and possibly go LED on them as well....so much trac work to do, so little time.

Latest posts