I'm kind of Happy today!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Toms

Reaction score
Yeah ~ Yeah ~ Yeah, way off the topic, but makes me feel good about it and well, it should help my credit out when I go to buy a house in my near future. I just paid my 04 Adrenalin off, as of today! I owed $7500 on it and now, I'm free and clear of any debt!! Woot, Woot! I just wanted to rant about it. (OK, I might have bragged just a little, my bad) Welp, hope everyone has a good day today.

That will actually hurt your credit score. Paying on time is way better for the credit score, lack of debt is a big no-no.

My wifes grandmother never in her 80+ years had any debt in her name. Tried to buy a car and was denied credit!

Congrats...I know your feeling good right now. I paid my Trac off early in March and it is great to not have a car payment. Who cares about it helping or hurting your credit score, why keep paying interest for that :wacko:. If your score is already good, paying off a vehicle is not going to hurt it much.

Congrats!! I just paid off my '03 last Friday!! And having no debt will not hurt you at all if you have a consistant income of funds. When buying a house, they look more at the debt to income ratio. You should be in good shape!!

Congrats again!!

Congrats!

Don't worry about your credit score. If you don't need to borrow money, then who cares what your credit score is! The amount of interest you pay when you borrow money costs way more than the few bucks you "save" with a great credit score. Save even more by not borrowing money!

Anyone else listen to Dave Ramsey?

I know its a great feeling. I scored a one time offer to payoff my ST at zero interest! I have felt great about making that descision. As far as the finance company is concearned my '02 has been paid off since '04.

Congrats. Can you loan me some money? I want to buy this Lamborghini.

Last edited by a moderator:
you should worry about your credit score and monitor it via the free credit reports you can obtain from the major credit bureaus to ensure nothing is wrong in the credit bureaus records BECAUSE that will cost you $$ when you do need to borrow for something unexpected. Then its way too late to clear that issue up when you need the $$ NOW

That is a very good feeling. We have ours paid off as well so I know how you feel. Now you can take that money you were paying on the loan and put towards some mods?:D:D:D Also, if you pay off credit cards Do Not close them as that will hurt your credit score big time.

congrats !!!!

it is not a bad move to pay off your loan ahead of schedule!!

as long as you paid on time and as mentioned above ( jenn d. ), your debt to income ratio is very important, as well as consistent income and length of service at you job or in the same field.

We havent had a house note in 10yrs. The last three cars were cash buys. We pay off the credit cards monthly. When we do finance anything, it is paid off within 90 days. Our credit score stays very high. If I told you what it is you might steal my ID,LOL. Paying things off ahead of time has not hurt our score.

Doctorcad,,your grandmother was denied cause of her age. I recently read an article. It said at age 65 it is hard to get credit unless you can prove a substancle income. Also most finance companies hate getting their money tied up in probate if the person passes.

Sweet, thanks all. Good to hear all the good stuff. Only bills I have is my cell phone and my car insurance. Mom and Pops lets me stay at home for free. :) Credit cards are paid off as well.

Latest posts