InDash DVD Screen/Player

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about any specific models of in-dash DVD screens?

I am thinking about getting one finally to finish off my stereo system.

Ive been looking at alpine brands mainly, but any other recommended or not recommended?

Thank you!

I like the Eclipse I have the AVN 6600

easy to bypass the E-brake wire for playing while it is not pressed

Seems to play everything I have thrown at it except region 2 DVD's

and very little mod to radio bezel to get it to fit.[Broken External Image]:

Another fan of Alpine here. I've got the same model as MPTony, only he has the "updated" version with the small screen on the main unit, in addition to the big screen. I don't like that one as much as it puts buttons on the top of the screen. Anyway, the screen vibrates when you touch it and feels like you're really pressing buttons, not the flat, non-responsive feel of normal screens. Great picture, great sound, able to shape the sound in a myriad of ways, lots of hook ups, personalization (wallpapers). I could go on, but I won't.

Kenwoon and Eclipse both make 2DIN models like Sal has. I love that look of an integrated screen, although the screen is normally a bit smaller, if that's a concern for you. The Alpine has a 7" screen, where as the Eclipse and Kenwoon only have a 6.5". I like big screens...bigger is better if you as me.

I really like my Alpine IVA-W200. I would definately reccomend Alpine, especially if you ever plan on hooking up an iPod to it.

Unholy are you familiar with thw IVA d310? if so can you adjust the parametric EQ? or is it just bass and treble? i went to trade straight up for my 310 and heard that it was only bass and treble so i backed off. let me know if you can.

MPTonyT

I am looking at the same one you have there... How is the monitor for stability, toughness? Does it seem very durable?

I am worried that someone will accidentally hit it and it will snap off and be garbage, lol.

Also, I have a huge sub/amp in my ST that is pointing directly at where it resides in the dash and I dont want to shake the living hell out of it.

XST-

I've the original version of Tony's and have had it for seomthing like year and ahalf now. It has held up very well. Still operates like new, the monitor is stable and durable. One reason I don't like buttons on the monitor is for fear of wearing the hinges out...I know I won't, but others aren't always as careful with your stuff. I've got two 12" subs pushing alot of watts pointed forward, and even when the mirrors and my eyeballs are shaking, the monitor stays put. Subs will do a lot of shaking with surface-to-surface contact, but shaking from the moving air is less noticable.

I love my Kenwood. They now have a newer double DIN models than what I have.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Yeah, the IVA-D310 is one of the old model units. My old unit you could adjust those as well. The new units don't allow you to adjust them without buying a separate eq unit (bastards!). I loved that and a few other things about my old Alpine deck, however, I needed the new iPod interface as thats what I use with my deck 90% of the time, so I "upgraded".

I have and love the AVIC-Z1 from Pioneer. The Nav is spot-on, the integrated Bluetooth is EZ to use and the touch screen is solid since its not a flip screen. It has a nice, clean uncluttered look as well, since most functions are accessed via the screen. The site avic411.com is informative.[Broken External Image]::cool: