Inexpensive stereo

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Rice

Reaction score
I have a 02 Trac, I was wondering if anyone knows of an inexpensive stereo with an MP3 plug that I can buy for it. I am not looking to upgrade the speakers or anything like that, I just want to be able to plug the I-POD in and be able to listen to it. (The cassette player is broken so that eliminates the cassette tape MP3 connection option)

I bought a Belkin plug-in adaptor that holds my iPhone and sends the signal via radio frequency to my radio. It will charge my phone in the process. I think it was $70 at wally world.

I've heard that there can be some noise with that Belkin adapter, Do you ever get any static or interference? If it's a clear signal I may try that.

If you take a look at either online car stereo or sonic electonix or crutchfield for a radio you should find one you will like. I just purchased the Pioneer 7200 which has the connect in the front for the usb. They make a Pioneer that is the same thing but without the HD radio that is I think around $100. If you go to crutchfeild and find one there then look online for the $20 dollars off for orders over $100. I have gotten a few things for much less at that website. Good luck with the search.

Dang, they are all cheap compared to the mid 70's. We used to pay $250 for a nice car stereo, and that was like a week's wages for a teacher, etc.