infant child seats

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Can anybody tell how to find lower anchors for child seats in my 2001 sport trac??? I've looked in manual and it doesn't seem to be there. I groped entire seat and can't find.

I don't think they had the lower ones in the trac. When I owned mine, we used the seat belt and then just anchored the top. Usually the lower anchors are in the "crack" between the back rest and the seat.

If you want to ensure that you are installing the car seat correctly, you could contact your local PD or FD and they probably have free car seat checks.

On the bottom front edge of the seat there's a metal rod that I connected the lower clip strap to. My car seat has two front lower straps and I connected one to the side of the seat and one in front of the seat.

Where the seat cover clips onto the metal frame is the part that I clipped the front lower straps of the car seat onto. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing - I was looking to see if my '01 had lower anchors Friday! My granddaughter (1st grandchild) was born Thursday night and I put the car seat in the '01 ST since my daughter has confiscated it. They have upper anchors, but not lower. Just feeling around under the front edge of the seat, there seems to be several possibilities on where the car seat could anchor. I just haven't followed up on it yet.

My 04 had the LATCH system so the outboard seats had anchors . The seats had little symbols to indicate the general locations of these anchors too (near the "crack" as Andy mentioned). If you're talking about tether anchors (for rear-facing position), I don't recall my Trac having specific anchors for those.

Latest posts