info for people considering the spindle lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael b

Reaction score
I recently did the 3.5 inch front spindle lift, and I have the 3 inch body lift & TT for a total of around 8 inches of lift (not counting the larger 35" tires) I tried the 2 inch add a leaf in the rear & the st still sat higher in the front so I removed the rear springs & had them re-arched & a full size leaf added. It made a really big difference. Cost around 180 for parts & labor.

Just something to consider if you're wanting the ST lifted & level.

Also the truck suffers from a lot of negative camber where the tires sit a little like / \

I've had to order adjustable control arms to try to get the problem fixed which is another 375 dollars. It will be worth it to fix the alignment problem though.So heres a little breakdown

Ranger Edge Spindles: 300

Ranger Edge Rotors: 160

Adjustable C Arms: 375

Rear springs rearched & leaf: 180

Total for added 3.5 inch lift: 1015.00

Plus I went ahead & did new lower Ball Joints, Tie rod ends & stock upper control arms with Ball Joints (which I cant use now:() for an extra 300 approx.

Total: 1,315.00

Now that the truck is a lot higher it looks like it can use some 36x13.5s or 37s cost: 900.00 to 1,000 approx

Total 2,215-2,315.00

So be aware that these things add up pretty quickly depending on how far you want to go with the lifted look.

So, does anyone wanna buy a set of stock upper Control arms with new Ball joints? I'll make you a heckuva deal:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it is a 2wd so the lift is pretty much for looks in my case.

I'm shopping for a decent digital camera right now & will post a photo as soon as I get it.

Spindles came from a company called SuspensionMax who told me their product was the same as the ones from Fabtech etc. Was told they are the same spindles just different packaging. rotors ordered through Autozone. Rear spring work done at a local Spring & Axle shop. Dont know about the body lift it already had it when I bought it (along with 35"tires bed shell and some other stuff :))There is probably some info on TT if you do a search but in a nutshell it is just cranking up your torsion bars in front for some lift.

The reason why I asked is for my brother. He has a 1999 Explorer. Since the Trac's brakes are larger then an Explorer's, he was considering swapping out to Trac brakes as a big brake upgrade for his Explorer.

Tom