info: on mirror glaze

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette lopez 2

Reaction score
hi everyone i have a question? has anyone ever heard of mirror glaze? its sprayed over the paint to protect the paint from the sun.. i have a friend that told me about it and he's from texas. and he had his car detailed a few days a go and the guy told him he should think about having the mirror glaze put on his car. to protect the paint. i never heard of it before. the only thing i know of that is sprayed on to the paint is the clear coat that the dealers put on when someone buys a new car.. so i would like some input on it.. he also said its kinda expensive too. and it should be applied a couple times a year.. so love to hear any info. on this.. thank everyone.. see ya.

hmmm kinda expensive and should be applied twice a year,[lease sir maybe a side of undercoating and some extended warrenty to go with it lol.

the only mirror glaze i have herd of is meguires and it a'nt no spray on clear coat. Sounds like snake oil to me... Mirror Glaze is a light compound with wax in a squeeze bottle and is a tooth paste like consistancy. I have a coworker that owns a detail shop in the next town over and he regularly jokes about coning his coustomers regularly for stuff much like this. It falls into the emperors new clothing catagory. Wash your ST regularly with a name brand car washing soap (not dish soap, it strips all the protective wax off) and wax as needed (I wax once a month) and this will do more to perserve the beauty of your ST than the other stuff. Just consider it a labor of love.

Snake oil. Ask them to sell you a bottle so you don't have to pay them to do it all the time and see what they say. I bet it will go something like this: "It has to be applied by a special sprayer" or something to that order. Also, ask them what the product is called and who makes it and let us all know. I'm interested in what they say. In other words, keep your money. Get yourself a quality wax with the money you'd spend on something like that and do it yourself. You'll come out ahead every time. ;)

Latest posts