Inspection Almost Failed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
Just took my ST in for inspection, and they stopped after 2 minutes, and said they didnt want to go on because it would fail. The guy said my Tires/wheels were binding and that he could feel it in the steering wheel. He said it can be major that the steering wheel can lock up. How much would it cost to get this fixed, and can any one explain it a little more to me exactly whats goin on.

thanks,

Boodro :(

Don,

I don't know how they could tell you something like that without a full inspection, unless it has to do with the comment "about me" in your profile :rolleyes:

I see you have a 2001 Trac. There is a TSB for steering shudder. I had this problem. The power steering pump can not handle the demand at slows speeds. The replacement pump is from a 4 door Explorer and is of a higher pressure .

04-2-7 FEB 04 Steering - Slow Speed Shudder/Vibration

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help, Hal- I dont have my big wheels yet, they are stock, although i will eventually have em :D. Coastiejoe- Thanks for the help, the link doesnt work, if thats wat it is supposed to be, but ill find out about it, thanks again

Boodro

If you are under your coverage from Ford by the years or the mileage, Ford will fix it for free. If not,,, they will normally charge you unless you have a good relationship with the dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well another question here, I dont want to spend too much money, how much would it cost to have it done in a shop?, and is it easier to do it urself and how much would it be to do it urself??

Thanks again,

boodro

Latest posts