Installed Black headlights / Intake and bypass mod / 3" spectra MAF meter

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
Went over to Todd Z's today and along with changing my PCV and fuel filter we installed a Ebay intake, Intake bypass and a universal larger 3 inch MAF from spectra.

ALSO here are the pics of the Black headlights installed that we modded our selves.

The intake went good and the breather bypass went smooth as well.

While walking through the local pepboys i found they sell universal MAF's. It is plastic and uses adapters for the stock MAF to bolt to. This was truly a universal fit. In no way do I recommend this for the average mechanic. We had to modify the mount, the screw locations and even the intake tube had to be modded for it to fit correctly on the ST.

IT could use some more work, but I will test drive for a couple of days and see what happens.

I noticed a slight throttle response gain, but the fuel filter and stuff wasn't not done during my test drive, SO I cant accurately feel the gain.

Here are some pics..

Paul H

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your welcome !!!!!!!

IT looks good !!!

Todd Z

nice job guys!!! now that i seen how it looks, i might attempt to do mine... quick question, did you guys replace the seals or did you reuse the original seals?

eric s

thanks everyone! they do look great if i say so myself!:lol::lol:

dan believe it or not its from a honda accord. i found it on ebay

and won the auction 20 bucks total including shipping. came with

filter and 2 intake pieces. i had the kkm filter on there before with the

stock intake tube but decided to mod the intake with this and the help of

todd z and george c.

eric s we reused the factory seals on the head lights PLUS we sealed them with nissan

grey silicone sealant hope this helps.

also to add on i drove the truck home tonight and after the pcv valve, fuel filter, and the new maf meter and intake was installed i noticed a definate change in response in the truck. it actually responded a little quicker. also was having a little problem with "pinging" when i would step on the gas a little hard, and that also went away with the work we did today.

hopefully the truck will be up to top form at the end of next weekend we are doing my plugs and wires.

just to let you guys know also the fuel filter and pcv valve as well as the plugs and wires all have 108,000 miles on them! BUILT FORD TOUGH!!

paul h also another big thanks to todd and george:cool:

yep jeff thats a spoiler you spot back there. its in its trial stage not sure whivh way im going to go with it. i might fiberglass mold it to the tonneau cover so it looks like one piece. not to sure yet.

dan i got those tie downs from some one here on the site. he amkes them himself and they were very reasonable. his name i think was eric .

paul h

Paul shouldn't you be working??? :)

NOPE!!!! JEWISH HOLIDAY! its nice to work for jewish people.....

you get there holidays off to!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

by the way todd shouldnt you be working also?:D

paul h