Installed KKM

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
Installed the KKM cone filter and mass air housing this evening. I was somewhat surprised that I didn't notice any appreciable increase in air intake noise under normal driving and startup conditions. However, there is a very noticeable difference at WOT. The first time I punched it entering the expressway I was a little shocked by the sound difference. It sounds WAY better at WOT! Not sure if its worth the dollars for a little thrill but I can't say I regret the purchase. No clue if there will be any improvement in fuel mileage yet.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Being modded as we speak......

I hope by mid next week they will be for sale...

I want to get them out due to the waiting list i have...

Todd Z

Blk

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=956520&REPLYCOUNT=17&sitename=mysporttrac

And yes,

I beleive I will have 1 left..

Todd Z

No appreciable gains with mine either, just louder at WOT. The inner diameter is the same as stock, so all anyone who buys this is paying for is being able to use a cone filter versus the panel filter.

Ok Todd, count me in. Between the cone filter and the modded TB I think we might have something. Next step will probably be the Magnaflow cat-back and an Xcal2. This could get interesting...:cool:

Installed my KKM tonight and then went for a 40 mile ride down the interstate with cruise set at 75mph. I have the 2wd V8 and no other mods atm, not much drafting to speak of and about 60 degrees outside.

Imagine my surprise around 20miles to see...[Broken External Image]:

Around 30 miles it got even better...[Broken External Image]:

It was typically getting around 18.3 mpg. As noted by others, alot more whistling noise and clunking thumping sounds etc.

Checking with a local shop on the Magnaflow in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts