Installing Auxiliary Input

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia Snyder

Reaction score
I'm thinking about installing the auxiliary input jack so I can hook up my iPod in my 2007 Sport Trac. I want to install it next to the outlet on the console like most come form the factory (it should really be standard on all vehicles!:D). I found the input jack but wasnt sure what all I needed to connect it to the stereo (wires, adapters, connectors, etc). Any help is VERY appreciated. Also, since my console does not have the hole for the jack, will i need to drill one, or is there a different console cover i will need to get?

I have a 2007 and if money is not a concern, the triptunes addition works great. Cost, around $275 with all wiring harnesses.

With this accessory, your Ipod charges and is controlled by your factory radio. No FM Modular poor quality inputs here. This is direct input using one of your Sat inputs.

I've had mine for about a year and it work flawlessly. Cable is hidden in the console or it can go to the glove box.

At the time I added mine there was no aftermarket direct input systems that would also charge the IPOD. That may have changed. Crutchfield would be worth a check for an alternative.

Latest posts