Instrument Cluster Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Pennal

Reaction score
Hey all,

When my dash lights are on, the center area (including the gear selection indicators) of the instrument cluster is no longer illuminated. All the other instruments are lit, so I assume I've got a burned-out bulb on the Instrument Cluster Circuit Board.

How much of a hassle is it to gain access to the printed circuit board behind the instrument display of a Gen.1 (2002) Trac?

Thanks.

Some have said that their bulbs were different than what is in my project.. but I have a 2002 so I would assume they are the same as yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, JD. That'll be a huge help.

I looked all through the Projects section, and couldn't find anything relating to this. What category is it listed in?

Two types of bulbs fit back there .. its worth changing them in the long run..I was driving forever with the gas guage in total darkness. I just did mine like last month . Theres a tuturial on taking it apart somewhere on the serious explorations website .. its a ford ranger but its the same deal

Latest posts