Intake Whistle?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
I installed my new MAC intake on friday, works great... I just had a small question..

I can hear it sucking air, but when I step on the gas, it makes a little whistle sound, is this normal, or is there a way to stop that?

Thanks!

Its not a big problem, im more wondering than anything else.

Very Very Common when replacing the stock air intake.....seems to be the way the air filter sucks in air via the front open end since it's out of the airbox and is "free flowing" out of the box. What I've tried and somewhat has worked for me was adding a Tornado Airflow to the intake pipe. Seems it gives a better flow to the air being sucked in and reduces most of the time the whistle that is heard.

This is a common issue, Mine is SOO loud sounds like someone blowing a dam whistle..LOL..

When the library gets back on line I will post a pic of the problem..

Todd Z

Here, IT is this little bastard, The air moving past the plate and screw's makes the noise you here...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

I had heard it was very common with the K&N but not so much with the MAC. No whistle with my MAC.