Interchangeable throttle bodies.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Flash

Reaction score
Trying to do a little research on what other ford OEM throttle bodies might be interchangeable for the 4.0 SOHC with a mustang style intake manifold. Typically I'm at the local junk yards onece or twice a week. On another forum someone said that a 4.6 v8.

Reason I'm asking is to get a larger unit on my truck in a budget friendly way. Also as a side note if anyone is looking for a part from the bone yard shoot me an email.

What do you mean " mustang style" intake ??? Pics?

I can help even thought I don't get a sale I am willing to help.

Todd Z

The mustang intake manifold I'm talking about has the plastic or job two throttle body. I know guys with the earlier 4.0 sohc had a metal throttle body and swapped it out for a mustang Gt 2v one that's 70-75mm.

My question is will that also work on the mustang style intakes with a plastic TB

Beau,

One issue I see with a TB that is 70to75mm. Is our upper plenum inlet is about the same size as stock TB. The benifit wont be there with out inlarging that hole. To get the benifit of the TB Todd use to sell. It was best to chamfer the edge of the plenum hole. With a dremmel or file.

Not trying to shoot your idea down. We are really limited on performance items. It tee's me of too.

Sadly, No one has found any thing that worked on the Plastic intake. I spent hundreds trying, believe me If I could I would....

I got frustrated back on 2004 and started making the modified Plastic ones......

Todd Z