interesting fact

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bill, who reported this?

Also, surprisingly, if true, my life today is essentially the same as it was yesterday, the day before, the week before, the year before, the decade before, and the decades well before I was born and my parents were children, so I am trying to understand how, exactly this affects me.

TJR

the decade before, and the decades well before I was born and my parents were children, so I am trying to understand how, exactly this affects me.

Are you waiting for the crap to fall before you get concerned? Odds are, by that time, it is too late.

Tom

Caymen,

Anything that falls I will acknowledge.

I just won't allow an acorn hitting me on the head to cause me to run around saying "the sky is falling!"

TJR

The sheople just keep burying their heads in the sand. Our own country is being taken from us from several different angles:

All the illegal immigrants... er.. invaders are here right now.

Many of our good-paying jobs are gone to other countries.

Our infrastructure is owned by outsiders- we are only renters here.

Our own government tries to contract with foreigners instead of our own people for port security.

Instead of rebuilding our schools, hostpitals, highways, water systems and utilities, we are spending billions of our tax dollars rebuilding them for people who hate us and want to see us die.

It is all going to hell in a handbasket and we are helping it go there.

If the acorn hits you in the head, are not going to protect yourself from other acorns to prevent the possibility of more acorns falling that could cause bodily injury?

If you react too slow to the one acorn, are you willing to accept the fact that you could have done something to prevent it?

Tom

No, acorns don't hurt. Trees hurt. Hail hurts, but what with global warming, hail is not a concern.:lol:

Gavin,

If it is all happening and it's right in front of my face, please share with me some of the related, negative effects that are hitting me, you, others today.

Again, help me out from under the rock I am supposedly living under.

Thanks,

Tom

TJR,

Here is a rough Example.. Company AB is owned by an american, he owns it for 30 years, and pays 10 workers at any given time during that 30 years. During that 30 years, he collects the company profits, and deposits them in his local bank. He spends his profits on local items, houses, cars, etc.. and puts $$ in the local economy.

Then company AB is sold to someone from overseas. Assuming he does not just downsize, lets say that person brings in 3 or 4 of his own people from overseas to assist in running the new company he purchased, which is commom. (Result 3-4 US citizens laid off)

The person that now owns the company sends most of his profits back overseas, so the local banking system now lost the deposits, and less is spent in the USA by the new owner to help the local economy. The local economy also lost the income of those 3-4 US citizens.

I dont claim to be an expert, and perhaps my example is not the best, but I do see a reason for concern here.

Just my $.02.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts