Interesting Read...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a very good article. It makes a lot of sense, and highlights many of the reasons I'm voting for McCain.

Plus, voting for Obama is like voting for a fox to run your henhouse. :p

So we should vote for McCain because he USED to oppose the Bush Tax cuts? Because he USED to favor an overhaul of campaign finance? Because he USED to make decisions based on principles, and now veers left and right based only on which strategy his handlers think will get him elected? Clearly, we can't afford the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Clearly, his VP choice is an insult to our intelligence-she hasn't a clue what the Veep does, and her actions show that this is just another beauty pageant for her. McCain's own campaign finance reform proposal would have banned her $150k "elitist" spending spree! I have concluded that McCain has sold his principles off to get the nomination, and I can't vote for someone so dangerously out of touch.

Clearly, his VP choice is an insult to our intelligence-she hasn't a clue what the Veep does

How is this an insult? Can you clearly define what the VP does? Because other than the Constitutionally-defined duty of presiding over the Senate, it seems that the VP's duties change depending upon who's in the office. What did Al Gore, Dan Quayle, G.H.W. Bush, Walter Mondale, or any other VP do?:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to recall that when the question of what the VP does came up in the debate, Biden was the one who answered it wrong (Said the VP only presided over the Senate if there was a tie. This is wrong. VP can preside over the Senate every day if he/she wants).

Rocks

You're right Eddie. It really makes no difference. Unless someone has absolute confidence that the Presidential candidates won't finish their terms, then whether or not the VP is qualified is a moot issue. Try to name a vice president from 50 years ago. Who was President Hoover's VP? I doubt anyone, except someone that remembers that presidency can name him without looking it up. Fifty years from now, no one will remember Biden's name, and Palin will only be remembered if elected as the first woman VP.

In any case, I hear more discussion about Palin not being qualified to be President these days. OK, first she is running as VICE-President. How can anyone question her credentials as VP when she has more experience than Obama? Bottom line, I really think all of them are intelligent and can run the country. You just need to decide which one will run the country in the direction you want it to go.

As far as the article, I think it is interesting that a newspaper in Detroit supports McCain. He said right in the heart of Motor City that those autoworker jobs won't come back, while Obama promised they would come back. Now why do you think the Detroit News would endorse McCain, when he came as the "grim reaper"?

Latest posts