Interior PLastic Panel Damage - Repair Question? Picture attached.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry - hit wrong button - I was trying to figure out how to load an image in. I have a picture of the damaged noted below. I can't figure out how to load the image in however.

I love Zaino products - so much so that when I tried my Zaino leather cleaner it worked so good I figured I'd spray a little on top of the drivers door where that dark line is from your arm resting on it. Normal cleaning with windex, etc. does not get it off so I figured I'd try the leather cleaner. Well it worked but it also made the tan plastic panel turn white. I'm guessing its a paint on the interior door panels? And the leather cleaner removed the paint? Is there a product available to spray back on and matches without having to buy a new door panel?

Yes you can restore it by using SEM Color Coat plastic spray. It comes in spray cans or can be match up and sprayed on with a gun. I use it all the time in doing the plastic on airplanes and it holds up the best. (I do upholstery for a living) You can usually find it at Auto paint stores where they sell to body shops. Hope this helps

Jack

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm seeing the same with my Gray/titanium interior panel. Mostly on the drivers side. I don't use leather cleaner. It looks faded and softer than normal. What causes this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Update from Owner.....

I tried the SEMCO route - I had a display chart mailed to me with all the colors - picked the color that matched - ordered it - tried it - result: paint was really good quality and worked extremely well. Color dried NOT even close to the paint chip on display chart. I'm two toned now. I than decided to do research the FORD way and track down what they would do. For those of you with the Brown Interior...and you need to fix the plastic panels you will need:

Ford PM-19A316-AA Primer

Ford PM-19M547-2016 Vinyl Paint - "Medium Pebble Tec"

It comes from the Ford Chemical Division. Amazon.com sells it but its shipped as "hazardous waste" and therefore it can be expensive. The dealers do not stock it but can get it in a week or so. I got the two cans for like $9 primer and $18 paint. Had to pay in advance and pick up a week later. The primer is important for proper adhesion. Paint and color work well. Probably enough to do two full door panels as I recall.

done.