Interior Protectant that doesn't cloud windows?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gavin Allan

Reaction score
Do you have any recommendations for an interior protectant like ArmorAll that doesn't emit fumes that cloud the windows? Armor-All looks nice, but the windows always get a milky film on them after a week or so.

Thanks

303 Protectant. Best stuff for inside and outside of the truck. The only place that I've been able to find it is either on the web or at marine places. I don't know if it will cause a milky film on the windows or not, I always spray it on the rag, then wipe the truck down. It works great on all of the plastic parts and my tonneau (sp) cover. It's not greasy like Arnor-All and it doesn't collect dust. It's a little pricey, but well worth it.

Fully agree with kimbro, 303, I have not had the film since I started using it. If you go to their website you can get a free sample to try out.

The cloud isnt just from the armor all, it is from the plastics used to make the dashboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
303 Protectant is awesome stuff. Just hard to find. I ended buying it at a local boat/rv store.

The cloud isnt just from the armor all, it is from the plastics used to make the dashboard.

Agreed. I never use protectants, just a damp cloth, and I still get the haze on the interior windows. The dash and other vinyl and other oil-based plastics are as much at fault.

The cloudiness is the polymers leaching to the surface of the plastic and evaporating. Many so called 'protectants' make matters worse by actually drawing the polymers to the surface.

You can find the 303 protectant at properautocare.com I've used these guys several times in the past to buy the 303, as well as other detailing supplies, and have always been satisfied. Also good reading on tips from the "Detail Doctor"

303 is the world leader in ultraviolet blocking technology for protecting fabric, vinyl, leather and rubber. Their products are used by commercial airlines, boat & yacht manufacturers, the U.S. military, the aerospace industry and Walt Disney World.

Routine treatment with 303 can virtually eliminate UV induced fading and cracking. 303's premier product, 303 Aerospace Protectant, is the world's most powerful sunscreening treatment for vinyl. It is water-based, contains no petroleum solvents or silicone oils, restores lost color and leaves a surface that repels dust, dirt and oil-based stains.

303 High Tech Fabric Guard is used by Fortune 500 Companies like Walt Disney World to maintain and protect awnings, patio umbrellas, outdoor furniture, outdoor fabrics and carpeting. Routine treatment helps prevent leaking, resist fading and protect against staining. 303 High Tech Fabric Guard is recommended by Glen Raven Mills, the maker of Sunbrella awnings and Bimini tops.

Good info here. I thought that film on the windshield was a result of using Invisible Glass on it. It makes sense that it could be the result of the stuff I use to detail the dash evaporating. Will look into 303.

How 'bout a dash mat and your detailing time gets cut down a bunch :) I use Invisible Glass and don't get a fog, but then I don't have to armor-all or 303 my dash any more either.