Internet (router) question??? (I have a connection issue)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
As you can see, I have a working computer and a working internet connection.

However, here is my issue. I have a cable modem setup with a router behind it. The router goes to this computer I am using as well as I have run wires to my desk where I use my laptop and both of my daughters rooms.

I am home from work and plug my laptop in and I get the limited connectivity statement. So I go to my first daughters room and get the same thing, second daughters room and the same thing again. But it works perfectly here at this computer.

So I shut everything down and do a cold reboot. Same issue. Only this computer works.

I swap the various wires on the back side around to see if this one quits and another works, but,,,, no change.

No one has gotten into my router and changed anything at least here at home. It is password protected as well as having two firewalls. One is a custom wall because of my wifes work, the other is via Norton.

Any clues as to what the issue is????

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe

On each computer that does not work, go to Control Panel, double click Network Connections, double click the connection you are having a problem with, you will see two tabs, General and Support. Click the support tab and click Repair. This should repair your problem.

If that works, it is a temporary fix. Look deeper to find the underlying cause.

Hope it helps.

Limey

The limited connectivity message usually indicates that there is a signal being transmitted through the physical connection (that's good), but that the connected devices are on different networks (that's not good).

Typical home networks have a 192.168.0.xxx or 192.168.1.xxx addressing scheme (where the last number set is used to uniquely address each networked device). Then again, typical home network routers also supply those addresses to your computers, so there shouldn't be a problem.

Can you supply a screenshot of a trouble computer's configuration (Command prompt > ipconfig /all)?

Got it.

There is film ware for my Motorola Modem and it dropped it. I don't understand how it limited the quantity of computer as the router should handle that. But.... I am up and running.

Thanks guys..

Latest posts