iPhone and Sprint

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Garcia

Reaction score
Is there any Sprint or AT&T salesman on this website?

I know that once the iPhone is jailbroken(unlocked)

it can actually be activated by other service providers. To my knowledge

Sprint and AT&T both have a GSM network, therefore i was wanting to know

if it is possible to activate an iPhone with Sprint?

The current iPhones require a SIM card to connect to a cellular network. Sprint doesn't use SIM cards.

If/When Verizon gets their version of the iPhone (the rumors change every day), you might be able to unlock one of theirs and use it on the Sprint network.

its only a matter of time until Verizon gets an iphone Apple would be stupid not to make one for the largest US based carrier

When Apple releases the Iphone for Verizon, I would be surprised if the current Iphones will be be able to use Verizon because of the GSM/CDMA incompatibilities. Whether or not the new one for Verizon will have will have cross compatibility remains to be seen. I kind of doubt that it will.

For more details on the iPhone - Verizon rumor mill, search XDA-Developers.com. They have a guy that has stated he works for Verizon and has been testing an iPhone that runs the CDMA network. They also provide links to the latest news.

If it happens, I know my wife will be getting one, she loves her touch....wait....so do I, but not the same....Digressing!

Anyway, I am not a fan of the iPhone, but I switch between running WM7 and the iPhone user interface on my Verizon HTC Imagio, since the iPhone interface is so simple to use, and easy on the eyes. I like the WM7 interface because it is also crazy simple to use and very easy on the eyes. I especially love that they will be linking our xbox accounts to them! There are already around 50 games for release with many linking to your account.

So, if they do come out with a Verizon iPhone, will be torn since they are releaseing the new WM7 phone before the end of the year. Choices choices choices!

And no, it isn't the actual iPhone or WM7 interface. They are 'clones' or whatever you want to call them. But they are pretty accurate at this time.

Latest posts