iPod adapter noise...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently purchased a DLO Trandpod Direct adapter to play my Ipod in my Sport Trac. With the Transpod, im not using the FM Transmitter, but rather the line out connected to the aux port i had installed on my trac. Ok so i connect up the ipod to this set up, and i hear the engine noise on the background of the music. Its not too loud, but nonetheless extremely annoying. Is there any way of taking this noise away? Thanks.

ps. Attached is the link of the DLO Transpod Direct

Sounds like you need a line noise suppressor. I get a high whining noise that goes up & down with the RPMS from my amp without the suppressor. Does this sound like what you're talking about?

I have the Transpod as well. At least on mine the problem is the level it transmits the sound is too low. If I have the windows down, I have to turn the volume all the way up and with it that loud, you get some engine noise. I have noticed it in the ST as well as my car. Dont have an answer, just similar experience.

Usually, if the noise is a constant noise and does not fluctuate then it is a bad connection, ot possibly a bad peice. But if the noise does fluctuate, like with the RPM's that is normally a grounding problem, usually a ground loop isolator, or an inline noise filter will take care of that problem. I would call their tech support, thats the best way to get to the bottom of the problem.

Bahb, thats exactly the problem.. the sound fluctuates at the engine revs. How would i go about taking this away? Whats a line noise suppressor?

Latest posts