Ipod cable to ST 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eduardo 07v8XLT

Reaction score
hi, i need some help

i buy an 80gb ipod, but now i need "something" to connect the ipod to a ST 07.

anyone know the name of the cable , where to buy.

regards

I am gonna guess it all depends on if your stereo will support the cable needed for the iPod. I know you can contact your Ford dealer and order one if your stereo is compatible. Probably best to start there first. If they do, you can always get the part number needed and get one from ebay....or even your dealership, but it may be pricey from the dealership.

If you dont have the input jack (like me), there are two choices I know of from Ford -- TripTunes & TripTunes Advanced.

Do not get the regular TripTunes -- I got that for my '06 Mustang GT. Found out after installation that it works on an FM frequency. Basically POS . . .

Once I get my Trac back (long story, mostly published here), I was thinking of the TripTunes advanced. I was going to make sure it is "wired" to the back of the radio (98% sure it is). It is supposed to charge your iPod, too.

If you decide to go that route (Advanced), let us know the details.

Its a simple male to male extensiion. Go to radio shack or wal-mart. Plug on end into the earphone outlet on the Ipod and the other into the outlet by the 12 volt plug on the traac console. Turn the radio to Aux 1.. Cruise

Ditto on what redfish said. I went to radio shack and purchase one also. Take your ipod in so you get the right millimeter size plugs.

Latest posts