Ipod hook up

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a "ASE/FORD MASTER TECH", I would hope this is something you should know.

Year of Sport Trac? Radio in Sport Trac?

These are what we call "Need to know" questions.

Questions like "What is the best tire to buy?" when nobody knows what you drive or where you will drive it, are questions that need more info.

I am sure if a customer came in saying "My car is making noise...how do I make it stop?", you would automatically know how to fix it without knowing what they have, when it makes the noise, where the noise is coming from, etc.

Need more information.

There is an adapter you can purchase that slides into the CD or cassette openings.

I want to see an adapter that fits into a CD opening. Please show me one.

Tom

Unfortunately, there is no direct connect to the stereo. (I wish there was) I use one of these FM modulators that also charges the iPod while transmitting. My brother has a iPod hookup in his 4-Runner and it sounds way better that the transmitter. But, at least this one serves 2 purposes.

2005 Sport Trac does not have an Aux input. If you press the CD button twice, it may tell you if there is a changer control in the radio.

PIE makes an adapter that will allow you to install an iPod into your factory headunit.

More information really goes a long way.

Tom

My previous 2001 I installed the FM MODULATOR thru the back of the factory radio. My new 2008 Adrenalin has Sync and a USB CONNECTOR in the console that automatically connects into my iTouch and allows voice activated selection of playlists or artists....works great. There are a few options at www.crutchfield.com for direct connection of an iPod directly and I'd recommend that option.

Though I have to think it can be found at a more affordable rate, here is a direct connect to your radio...

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts