Is it bad to mention a lower price for the ESP than Rusty quoted?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Travis

Reaction score
I tried to buy through him and was going to let him match the price I found but he is not in today and Spartan was not on top of their game as far as knowing who was his backup for such work.

Was the pressure on? Yes, my 'born on date' is 4/16/2003 (actually the original owner's take ownership date...born on was 3/25 or so)

I will not mention who I went to but know that Google is your friend especially if you are looking for 'fordwarrantys'.

JT#14

It all comes down to business. If you post it for information reasons your not going to offend anyone.

If you post it in a rude manner then it would be an issue I think.

So no, it would be fine in my opinion...

I got a better price from a brochure, that ford mailed me, than Rusty's site qouted..saved almost $200 going straight to ford...

Funny thing about ESP's. Normally I wouldn't touch them. Especially for what Ford charges. Last week I bought my wife a new 06 Toyota RAV4. They offered me a 7 year-75k ESP for $800 and I went for it. Mainly because it's a new production vehicle with a lot of bells and whiistles on it and it cost me 30 grand. (The RAV4 is not new but was completely redesigned for 06.) Are Toyota ESP's cheaper because they don't expect as many problems compared to other auto manufactures?

Last edited by a moderator:
TomT,

I think you'll never need that warranty. Neither of my Toyotas had any issues prior to 7 yrs/70K miles. I wish I could say the same for my Fords.

Travis, was this a Genuine ford warranty, and not a third party???

Todd Z

Does anyone know if you can get the "Ford-Premium Care" warranty on a vehicle that is beyond its factory warrenty? I am looking at a 03 Trac that only has 14,000 miles but is way past the time restrictions? Thanks Marsha

I have never needed an extended warranty for any vehicle I have ever owned. I wish friends could say the same thing who have Toyota's.

Tom

I'd have no problems with posting lower prices here than official sponsors are able to sell for. I don't think it would be in good taste to make a huge deal about it or rub their noses into it, but in a free market economy, I see no problem with this.

I've sent Rusty a few E-mail requests over the past year on a few things and never got a response. Maybe he is too busy or maybe my questions were not worth his time. I'm not mad or this wouldn't stop me from doing business with him again, but I wasn't over impressed with the lack of common courtesy of a reply.

In Rusty's defense, last I heard, he is running three dealership service departments, plus has a family. I used to buy alot from him, unfortuatly he has been getting harder and harder to contact. I get about the same prices through rockauto.com, but if rockauto.com doesn't have it, then I call Rusty.

Tom

Is it bad to mention a lower price for the ESP than Rusty quoted?

I don't think so, that's capitalism and freedom of speech at it's best. But your title pretty much spilled the beans anyway. :lol: