Is the XCAL 2 good for CITY driving?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiveDeep 07

Reaction score
Is the XCal 2 a good thing to do when driving mostly city miles with an 87 octane mileage program? Thanks, DD ST

What I mean is.....is programming the ST with an XCalibrator 2 using an 87 octane mileage tune efficient and even worth it when driving about 90-95% city miles? Thanks

In a word: Yes. We are now getting in the city what we used to get on the highway which is an average of 18 mpg without the A/C on. But, it doesn't hurt to have a Cold Air Intake, after market exhaust, and a good synthetic oil like Royal Purple in your Engine, transmission and differential. We have seen mpg of 28 @ 60 mph and 24 mpg @ 75 mph; of course those are highway results not city. :D

Yes, The throttle response, the tranny shifts, the overall running of the vehicle is changed city and highway, The Xcal is not just a go fast tool, it almost like a new brain for your truck...

Todd Z

I have the Xcal 2 and run the 87 oct economy tune provided by Wayne. Regularly get 18 - 19 mpg in short trip driving [except when my wife borrows the ST]. No other mods. Shifting is crisper too which is good for the tranny.