Is the Z-Plan a good deal?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex W

Reaction score
Ive seen some people say they got their STs using the Z-plan, and had some questions.

I get the z-plan from my grandpa and would like to use it, but he's old and i dont want to have to bother him to get me a pin, so I didnt know if it was worth the hassle of getting a pin from him or not.

Is there that big of a difference in savings?

Thanks

-Z

If you mention that you can get it a lot of dealers will match the price, that way they get to keep any profits. At least they will for the S-Plan.

Z-Plan is for retired Ford Employees. I got my Trac using Z-Plan. MSRP 28,9XX My price $23,050.67.

You made a mistake by not buying under the Z-plan.

Tom

Z-Plan is for retired Ford Employees. I got my Trac using Z-Plan. MSRP 28,9XX My price $23,050.67.

You made a mistake by not buying under the Z-plan.

Tom

I havent bought yet.

It would be in your best intrest to buy under the Z-Plan. My price was about 1 grand lower then dealer cost. No dealer will beat that. Why should they? The only reason a dealer woult try to beat Z-Plan pricing is if they are going to pull a fast one on you. Something that can not do because Ford audits every A,X, & Z-plan vehicle that gets sold.

If you go to www.axz.ford.com and sign up under your grandfather, you can access Ford's website and get pricing and availability for Z Plan.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
A-plan and Z-plan are the best price you are going to find at a reputable dealer. X-plan is the next best. A-plan is active employees and direct family members, Z-plan is A-plan but for retired employees, X-plan is "friends and family" of active employees not covered under A-plan.

Basically, you might be able to negotiate a better deal than X-plan yourself, but A and Z are truly no-hassle deals.

If you can get Z-plan, it is worth the trouble in my opinion.