It was a tough choice, but the 2007 ST did not make the cut for me

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area 51

Reaction score
Looked long and hard on the 2007 ST...it had a lot of appeal, but in the end, a desire for somethign I have always wanted, and up to now, just hasn't been practical, won out. And for once, the wife is even exited about the new ride....might have problems keeping her from stealing it in the mornings.

Placed the order for a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a couple of weeks ago, now anxiously waiting its arrival.

I'll still check out the site every now and then, but no new ST for me, much to the chagrin of the local Ford dealer.

I know there are tons of sites out there for Jeep owners, but is there anything close to what this site is like....a feeling of family?

That said, the "local" Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge/GM behemouth once again proved they do not deserve my busness. After waiting for 20+ minutes for a salesmen to help us when the wife and I went shopping, they were 3k+ lower on trade in value on my Mariner than the Jeep/Chrysler dealer 15 miles away in the next town was. That carries on the tradition they seem to have....whenever I have been interested in ANYTHING they sold, the trade in price they offered was always at least 3k lower than somewhere else was willing to give me. How they stay in business, I do not know, they suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't give them my business, I ordered it from the dealer 15 miles away.

As far as why the Jeep won out...the ride on the 4 door models, is well a HUGE improvement....can't say whether the 2 doors are as big of a step up, but the 4 door rode nice. Still not as "smooth" as the ST, but not bad at all. And being able to get an "out of the box" very capable 4x4 (much more so than a stock ST) for around the same money as the ST I was looking at...

My wife LOVES convertibles, and well...we can go topless, while I get to go 4x4ing on back roads/trails...best of both worlds.

After not having a pickup for a couple of years now, we have only encountered a couple of times where we really would have liked to have had the pickup bed.

It was really nothing "against" the ST... I liked it for everything it was, it just in the end wasn't as good of a match for me this time around.

Last edited by a moderator:
nice choice, but not really a choice. two entirely different vehicles, different usages. agree that out of the box, heck even if you did tons of mods on your own, the rubicon is fabulous, with tera transfer case 4:1, dana 44s front and rear 4.10:1 (I think I remember that), front and rear ARB lockers, stock gyear wrangler mtrs 31.5s short wheel base, let us know how it does!

I got the 07 ST v8 4x4 for my scenic off roading. have my 97 rodeo with tera transfer case, locked rear diff, and bilstein 5100 and gyear wranglers all around...that is for the tough stuff

Thanks for the link R.T.

And yeah, I know they are really 2 different vehicles webby, but my wife would only let me get one, not both....something about having only a 2 car garage, and she was NOT parking outside.

The 2007 Rubicons switched from Goodyear to a BFG Mud Terrain...32 inchers with what they are calling an exclusive tread cut pattern just for them. 4:1 Rock Trac transfer with Dana 44 axles front and rear with 4.10 gears. Electronic lockers this year, but that also means the end of limited slip axles when not locked. Electronic stability (which can be switched off) and electronic disengaging sway bar, and even anti-lock brakes.

nice, improved from when I looked at them last...yeah know about not being able to have them both, would love to add the rubicon to what I have, oh well

Latest posts