It's true.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biznaga

Reaction score
I washed and waxed my Trac last week. Thought I did a good job. NOT! The next day it looked like an 8 year old kid waxed it as there was so much wax on the cladding and other places it is not supposed to be.

So I read that some of you said Mr. Clean Magic eraser would remove it. I was not convinced. But I know many of you take very good care of the old ST. Reluctantly I bougtht a box. Opened it and looked at one of the sponge thingys and said "It will never work."

But it did. And quickly too.

So, you guys that recommended it know what you are talking about.

a guy i knew thought i'd be funny to throw car wax all over my car just before it started to rain, and not mentioning how i peeled out in his driveway as revenge, i got a "vinyl and plastic conditioner" or something from my neighbor which worked fine.

Good advice that I use to do just before putting a car in a show, or even driveway

detailing, is to use the "Finger" method. (No, don't go there...)

Take a small terry cloth or cotton towel, wrap it around your finger, and apply the

wax or polish to the final one inch or so around all of your plastic trim and cladding,

so that you get an exact line from your paint to the trim without the overlap of a

large wax pad or applicator smearing wax on your plastics. The problem is when the

applied waxes or sealants are wet, they will set into your plastic trim. Once the wax

is dry, and you are in the process of polishing it off, even if the dried residue gets

on to some of the plastic pieces, it will easily dust off.

I agree with Rodger about back to black but I have a spot on my black cladding that it would not make better. I also use the finger method that tracnblack suggests. But now I am going to go steal my wifes Mr Clean eraser and give it a try.

Latest posts