I've seen the 2-3 Tranny flair, is there a 1-2 flair as well?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Hampton

Reaction score
My daughter's 2000 Explorer has the 1-2 flair, not the 2-3 flair. Wondering if it's the same issue, it has about 106k on it.

Yes, the 2-3 shift flare is the most common, however the transmission can slip while shifting into any gear.

...Rich

When I feel this flare coming on, like when it is cold out (under 50 degrees) I press the overdrive cancel button and leave it off unless i am on the freeway. It seems to eliminate the flare. It used to be worse, but has gne away over time. I changed the tranny fluid once at 50k miles. I just keep my fingers crossed.

I tow a 4000lb trailer 10 weekends a year and drive some serious hills, so with 77k miles on the transmission, i am not totally disappointed.

zaffo

i had the 1-2 COLD flair on my 03.... Replaced the solenoids and raised the EPC pressure... It is flawless now !!

Todd Z

well, I'm two-weeks too-slow in posting this, but I'll mention it in case it helps anyone:

I had a 1-2 flare that lasted a couple of weeks, and then it went away all by itself.

That was in my 2001 Job 1, which had only about 40k miles at the time.

I'm guessing it was a software issue, with a computer re-learning how to shift?

Latest posts