Jacobs Spark Plug Wire Set?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just placed an order with Summit Racing:

1. Wireing Harness, Headlight Conversion, Upgrade for 9007 bulbs (last one) :D

2. AVS Bugflector II, Toreador Red (been looking for this one for over a yr.) :D

3. JET Poertech Thermostat for Ford V6, 180 deg.

And, I was going to order the Jacobs Spark Plug Wire Set, but they told me that they would not be available until April (4 mos. out) so I did not order :(. Any suggestions of comparable performance?

Thanks, Rodger

I am happy with the JBA wires from EE....

Others here Are Happy with the Taylor wires

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
oohhh. i havent seen these wire sets. Jacob and taylor, and JBA make wires for the sport trac. how much are they? i need some wires

Tony, these are performance wire sets.. If you looking for a stock replacement, you can use thew ford wires or a good "standard" set...

Todd Z

Rodger,

When I was ordering wires for both my Trac and Dad's Motorhome (Ford F-53 Chassis with a 460 CI V8) I spoke to the Summit rep about wires. I had my heart set on Accel wires for the motorhome and Taylor wires for my Trac. The reason I wanted Accel wired for the motorhome is because they had a steel braiding around the wire and I figured they would be better then the Taylor wires.

The Taylor wires were cheaper then the Accel wires, so it wasn't about price.

When I inquired about the Accel wires, the reps comment was, "Taylor are the best wires money can buy. If you really want the Accel wires, I will sell them to you, but I only recomend Taylor wires. All of my vehicles run Taylor wires and nothing else. Ask around, 99% of us here will only buy and use Taylor wires."

Go figure. I run Taylor wires in my Trac and the Motorhome has Taylor wires too. We are very happy with them.

When the time comes for wires in my Turbocharged rally engine, they will only be Taylor.

Tom

Rodger,

In case you are wondering, here is how I installed my wiring kit.

For the left headlights, I removed one fender bolt, closest to the front of the vehicle to connect the ground to the chassis. I re-bent the bracket for the relay to connect at the same spot. For the right side, I pulled my intake off (I have a K&N FIPK) and found a bolt that goes into the chassis. I connected the ground there.

I do recomend installing a fuse of circuit breaker to the wires going to the lights. It might be a good ide to wire them with seperate fuses in case something shorts out and you would only loose one side of the lights, not both. It was too darn cold to wire a fuse up and I will do it come spring. I ran the harness across the radiator, just before the radiator but behind the front cross bar.

Hope that helps. if you find a better way to run the wires, I am all ears.

I was in a hurry to get mine hooken up since I am leaving for Florida in about 20 hours and it was 27 degrees outside.

Tom

Rodger, prepare to return the 180 thermo. The 4.0l requires a 190 or 192 thermo. to operate properly. Chances are, if you install that you will be getting CEL lights and possibly less fuel efficiency.
JET Poertech Thermostat for Ford V6, 180 deg
is vague to say the least and this thermo is meant to be used with a jet chip. Even then there are several v6 options from ford and this may/should not apply to all. I don't think this thermo. would work in the 4.0l OHV either.