Jet Accu-Speed VSS Calibration Module

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark B

Reaction score
The JET Accu-Speed corrects the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) signal for changes in tire size or gearing. Restores accurate speedometer reading and properly timed shifts.

Some skill required for installation and calibration. Module has 4 wires to run:

1. 12V supply - ignition switched

2. ground

3. upstream splice into VSS wire

4. downstream splice into VSS wire

Locate module inside vehicle and use setscrew to adjust speed signal based on GPS signal, distance/time, pace vehicle, etc. Cheap alternative to other options like XCal2 but provides speed signal correction only. Asking $40 delivered to US48. (Jet PN 50109)

[Broken External Image]:

Well, I never got around to installing it before I traded the ST so I can't say for sure.

As far as installation, the instructions are a little generic for finding the particular wire carrying the VSS signal. I'm sure site members can help determine the best place to splice into that wire.

As far as use, the module has a small adjustment screw that provides fine tuning of the VSS signal. You operate the vehicle at a steady known speed and adjust the screw so your speedometer matches your actual speed. This is probably best done by two people, a driver and an adjuster. Actual speed can be determined by GPS, mile markers vs. time, pace vehicle or tire size differential calculation. Once it's set, you leave it alone until you again change tire size or gearing.

Sounds good!

Yes that is the correct email address, however I am at work now and won't have access to it until later tonight.