Just a pic of the Finished True Cold air intake kits

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Since Ron was kind enough to mention me, and since I actually just finished putting together a couple of kits, I figured I would share some pics....

Thanks Ron.!!

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
:D Your welcome Todd, I think it is a great idea. I drilled some holes to get more air from the fender when I made mine, But didn't think of installing the filter in the fender. So Good job to you and those that helped._Ron

I ordered one thing from you & now now this. I only have a few dollars left from my tax refund allowance :lol:. How,much for (2) decals? I'll start with those for now and see what gains l get. l can shoot the payment through paypal. I really do want the decals.

Thanks and keep up the good work

Last edited by a moderator:
todd,

just want to ask if your filter is the type that hes to be oiled or not ( not sure what to call it).

thanks.

Steve,

I don't have any one here with an 07 willing to let me take a stab at it, ALSO with the stock MAF being molded into the intake it will be hard to do. You would need an aftermarket MAF and stuff...

ALSO the 07 gets it cold air from directly in the front grill.... I don't think your going to get it any cooler than it already is...

D MAC, No dyno time, I don't expect to sell many of them so the time spent on the dyno will eat up any profit I make...

The kit costs $145.00 shipped to you.

Ron, thanks..

Patrick, I am working on getting stickers made, Give me some time, I only have 1 of the test stickers left.

RPtrac, No this filter is oil less, No need to oil it...

Thanks to everyone else..

Todd Z

Todd, I have noticed the 07 draws cold air behind the grill. Without dyno results I was thinking engine efficiency could still be improved by a more direct CAI design.

In your opinion, without dyno testing, do you think the best results can be achieved by keeping the factory housing and simply by replacing the stock filter and adding a K&N insert filter?

Steve, I personally feel that first a larger Diameter MAF is needed. THE KKM one is not even larger, but IT may be bored larger...Then go from there...

The diameter of the stock rubber intake hose is good, a high flow K&N and some type of adapter to go into the fender or directly into the grill would work...

The 07 air box is right next to the fender, so how hard could it be to get a pipe from thet into the fender well....

Not hard at all..

THE problem Is I have no one local willing to help..

Todd Z