Just Bought a New Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Galvin

Reaction score
Just purchased a new 2010 Sport Trac 4x4 Limited. I traded in my 2001 (2WD) Sport Trac after 144,878 carefree miles. I must say, that was one of the best vehicles I ever owned and no doubt it would have provided many more years of faithful service. However, I recently learned that this would be the last year the Sport Tracs would be built so I was faced with the decision - to buy or not to buy. I had a difficult time finding one. In my tri-state area (MD, VA, PA) I could only locate 5 new ones. My Maryland dealer manged to get mine from Fredericksburg, VA (about 80 miles away). It arrived with more than I wanted - NAV System, leather seats, 18" wheels, and a class 3 hitch - all items my original SP didn't have. My wish list was small - a moon roof, CD Player and 4x4. After last winter my 2WD proved less than adequate. Anyway, we miss our old vehicle but are adapting easily to our 2010 version. In fact, the extra options are really turing out to be excellent features. We are still somewhat preplexed why Ford has decided to end the SP production. I, for one, think that the SP is really one of the true Sport Utility Vehicles on the road today. I'm happy I made the purchase and look forward to another 10 yeras with my new Sport Trac.

At the annual meet last month in Louisville, KY in our meeting with the Ford brass, they basically said that 1) they anticipate energy costs going up long-term and less demand for traditional SUV's, 2) traditional body-on-frame SUV's like the Sport Trac are too heavy to make them any more fuel-efficient than they are now, 3) Ford likes to build at least 15,000 of something for it to be worth their while and 2010 Sport Tracs will total about 12,000, therefore 4) there is no plan to build a pickup version of the new unit-body 2011 Explorer.

Congrats on your new purchase! My advice, get it rustproofed and keep it forever.

Congrats on your purchase! I know you will love it. I loved my 08 XLT V6 and I really love my new "used" 08 Adrenalin V8. This is my 2nd ST and I've owned an F-150 & 3 Rangers. They were all great vehicles. My wife (ex wife now) had 3 different Escapes & 2 different Fusions and they were all great also. No doubt you will love that one more than your old one!

:haveabeer:

"get it rustproofed"

imo, not needed anymore. advancement at the factory have taken care of the rust issue.

best of luck with your new trac :driving:

Latest posts