Just got an '01 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curt NA

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I bought my '01 ST on Sunday. I really like the versatility and styling!

I also own an '03 Subaru WRX and '01 Honda CR-V SE. The ST is my first Ford and first used car purchase. The ST has about 50K miles and I hope to have good luck with it.

I have found this website/forum to have a LOT of useful information! I have a couple of specific questions I hope someone will be able to help answer. Unfortunately, my ST did not come with the owner's manual, so any help would be appreciated :)

- Does anyone have any information on the OEM Ford security system. My ST has decals that states it's equipped with a Ford security system. I'm not sure if it's referring to the optional alarm system or not. A couple of times I was not able to start the truck until I used the remote to lock and then unlock the doors (this is after initially unlocking the doors using the remote).

- Does anyone know when I can find the keycode for the keypad on the driver's door?

- How do I set the time on the radio (OEM radio)?

- I bought a new locking gas cap (Stant brand). Is there a way to remove the teather from the OEM gas cap to use on my locking gas cap?

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome curt. i also have a 2001 st with 102k on it. the keypad code im not to sure it might be on the door but i remember some one posted it is on the computer sticker on the back left of the fire wall. DONT hold me to this though. you can do a search here for it.

the radio is easy press and hold the clock button(clk on the radio) while holding down the clock button press the search buttons on the left side of the radio one works the hour and the one under works the minutes or vice versa. i have a ford alarm and it flashes theft inside the truck had it go off once since ive owned the truck. truth be told i dont even know if ti works anymore. as far as the gas cap have no clue as my plastic cord got torn off by some bastard kids and they stole my gas cap.

again welcome hope i was able to some what help im sure others will respond with better answers for ya

paul:cool:

Welcome Curt, We have an '01 job 2 purchased new in June of '01. I see from your profile that you live just down stream from us. Sooo, if you want to shoot me an email I am willing to get together with you in the near furture, and show you some of the mods that we have done. There are a few active members from the Northern Calif. area.

Welcome Curt.

Nice low mileage on your ST, I now have about 43K on my '03.

Keypad Code:

You have a 2001. If it's a Job 1 then it is on a module behind the panel below the back window.

If it's a Job 2, then it is behind the glove box and behind the airbag up near the top of the dash. A recent suggestion by a member was to remove the defroster vent panel at the base of the windshield to look down at the sticker on the module.

I remember someone else attached the tether to a locking cap, but I couldn't find the post. I'll try to find it later.

I look forward to meeting you.

If you have the original owners manual there should be a credit card looking card in the zippered folder that has your door code on it. If you don't have the owners manual good luck, like PH said I think someone has posted int he past (do a search) that the code can be found burried somewhere on the firewall.

Time on radio:

Keep pressed the CLK button while pressing the SEEK < & > keys for the hour and the TUNE < & > for the minutes.

Latest posts