Just got the new alignment done-seems better

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
Well i just got home from Pep Boys who did my alignment after sears and many other places couldnt get the steering wheel to be straight. I thought i would need the camber kit, but they were able to get it into specs w/o one. The wheel is basically right on the money now...could be a little more perfect, but compared to before its good.

The specs they set it to are:

Left caster- 3.4 Right caster- 3.9

Left camber- 0.0 Right camber- -0.2

Left toe- 0.05 Right toe- 0.05

Again, it is a tinnyyy bit to the right-not nearly as much as it was to the left before, but are these measurements ok?? I dont want to be wearing my tires out too quickly.

It all totaled out to about $150.

Thanks

Andy

Andy,

Pulling to the right can be caused by the tires with defective treads. An easy way to check this is to swap the two front tires from side to side. If it starts pulling to the left, it's probably one of the tires. Now move one front tire to the rear and test drive. If the pulling is gone, the tire that was moved to the rear is bad. If there is no change, move the orther front tire to the rear and test drive it.

I don't know the exact alignment spec's for the Sport Trac, but I do know from Hal (member who is a Ford Tech) that there are different specs. There is the usual alignment specs and a more precise "Preferred" specs that will put your front end alignment in the "Sweet Spot"

If your Sport Trac is aligned to spec's and you are still experiencing some pulling, etc., You may want to contact Hal for the Preferred specs and have your alignment set to that sweet spot.

...Rich

My wheel is off by about 20 degrees. It happened after I lowered my ST. Most alignment shops won't touch my ST because it's lowered. I have to get another alignment soon, so hopefully they'll get it right because it's REALLY ANNOYING!!! :angry:

Rich, its not really pulling to the right...the steering wheel is slightly to the right. Sorry if i explained it wrong. Although, while braking it seems to tramline more i think its called-it will follow the road "ruts" or the angle of the road...This has only happened since i switched the bfg tires. not a problem, but i just cant deal with an off wheel after $150 more bucks..

Thanks

Andy

Latest posts