Just installed Zabteck Rear Anti-Sway Bar

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
Total install time, from backing up the ramps to pulling off for a test drive, took about 20min. Put a thin layer of grease on the lifetime bushings (which already have a weird coating that feels dry but slimy) and put those on, and everything was good to go.

There were no issues with clearance, even with being lowered 3". There was no problem installing around the shocks.

There were NO clearance issues with brake lines or any rubbing like some members have reported with the EE bar.

The difference is very noticeable. The truck feels like it's on rails going through turns (I took the drive I take 2-3 times a day, so I know what it should feel like) and overall there was much less body lean, and the truck felt more firmly planted to the road.

I can't believe I waited this long to change out my sway bar. Comparing the two side by side, my roommate said the stock bar looked like a practical joke from Ford (FROD as he calls them = "fraud"). The install was very easy, the included instructions were helpful if you don't know what you're looking at, and overall, I'm very pleased with my Zabteck Anti-Sway Bar and I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't already have one already. The difference is like night and day.

He was doing $190 shipped during the initial group buy. I don't know what it is now, I guess you just have to e-mail him.

Rodger, I already have Sensatracs and "helper springs" so the ride was already better than stock. I'm just surprised at how much better it got after the new sway bar.

I wanted the EE bar, but couldn't see spending $240 on something that didn't make me go faster :D

Jeff, Going faster w/o making your suspension safer? :eek: Now put the Zabteck front bar on and you can peg your speedo like Todd did. ;)

For those that don't already know the rear anti-sway bar upgrade is, bar none, next to doing the crappy shocks, the best performance upgrade you can do. And, one of the most talked about subjects on this site for the past five years.

Don't mean to change the subject, but I saw your wheels on your library. I'm thinking about getting 18" wheels and thats the look that I'm going for( I'm not into the "Bling" look). Where did you get them? Did you need spacers? Congrats on the sway bar. I want one too, as soon as I have the $$$. Thanks.

Ed

awwww..... Thank you !!!!!!!

Todd Z

Ed. I actually ordered them on eBay. You do need spacers for the fronts to fit the centercaps on, otherwise, the grease caps will be visible. 1" spacers would be enough. The rears fit without spacers, but I have them already anyways. I've had the wheels almost two years now and I'm very happy with them, especially for the cost/look.

I wounder if you had 4wd if you would need the spacers in the front..... :eek::D

No hub sticking out....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
are these things D.O.T. approved ?, :lol:

after i told todd i was doing NOTHING to my '07, i am considering the throttle body for my

V-8.

now i need you '07 V-8 owners to tell me why i should get it !

btw, tz, if i do end up getting one, a HUGE discount is expected ;)

btw, tz, if i do end up getting one, a HUGE discount is expected

Well considering you were shopping at the most expensive food store (Momma Lombardi's ) On Saturday, I thing you have the cashola to pay full price !!!!

AND yes I drove right past your truck backed in in there parking lot on Saturday !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Todd Z

tz, you should have stopped in and i would have picked up one of those one pound meatball's

for you :lol:

i can't help myself at that store as i have no problem putting away one of those two pound lasagna dishes ! :cool:

btw, thats my job of being anti-social, why didn't you stop in ?

Jeff, See if you can find a way of testing either Reflex or RSX shocks on the front. I strongly feel that you will like the combination of the Sensa-Trac's on the rear with the Reflex or RSX on the front.

I too have a similar setup in the rear end of our ST; Tokico Treckmaster R/T's, EE sway bar, and Roadmaster Active Suspension on the leaf springs. But, that puts to much, lever like, diagonal pressure on the front end so I am strongly considering putting Rancho RSX or Bilsteins (even though I hate the color of them) on the front because their is no other way of stiffening the torsion bars. I not sure if I want to spend $99.95 per shock for Rancho RS9000X's (ouch), but that would probably be the ultimate way to go. I am open to suggestions as to how to minimize the diagonal sway which is caused by to soft of springs/torsion bars on the front end. I could upgrade the body mounts on our ST, but I feel that that would be to costly as well. FYI - BTW, I am happy with the 4x4 front stabilizer/sway bar with upgraded end links.

I got Rancho RS9000's on the Explorer. Being able to adjust the shocks to the ride you like is better than any mixing and matching shocks you can think of.

Jeff, get the Addco front bar if you want to feel something amazing.

Tom