Just ordered an '07 Limited

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
Well I just ordered an '07 Limited V8 4x4.

Any of the Ford employees know how long it will take to get the VIN # and to get the truck here in NYC?

Once I get some information how do I track the progress of the order?

Congrats, And good luck with it...

You going to take it to the national meet in June????

Todd Z

I dont think I will have it by then. Also I cant get off from work for those days.

Congrats Johnny ---I ordered mine about two weeks ago-- I am going to check with the dealer today for a status update, but I am wondering the same thing-- except mine will be coming to Oregon. My insurance company won't give me a quote till i give them a VIN

I got a quote from Geico and it was $85 (per 6 months) more than what I am paying now for my ST.

Yeah John, I went to DiBlasi. I live about 3 1/2 miles from them.

Where did you get yours?

Is the air box the same size? I have a K&N air filter in my '01 I will be taking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I went to Di Blasi also even though I'm about 4 blocks from La Fres. Di Blasi is just a nicer atmosphere all around- sales and service. I'm really not sure if the air box is the same size. I took my stock air box out so long ago I can't remember what it looked like. I have pics of the 2007 engine in my library maybe you can tell from that.

Yeah, so far they have been nice at DiBlasi. Breifly talked about my '01 as a trade in and only got a ball park figure of $10K. They said I would have to wait until the actual delivery of my '07 to get the final verdict. Of course I was looking for more but they didnt sound like they would go up on it.

Looked at your pics, looks like the box is bigger in the '07.

Breifly talked about my '01 as a trade in and only got a ball park figure of $10K. They said I would have to wait until the actual delivery of my '07 to get the final verdict.

That sounds like dealer BS to me. Seems like they were just wanting to put you offer for however long it takes for your '07 to arrive so that your trade-in depreciates that much more and then they can offer you even less.

Seems like they were just wanting to put you offer for however long it takes for your '07 to arrive so that your trade-in depreciates that much more and then they can offer you even less.

So what is wrong with that? You shouldn't expect them to offer you a price now, only to bring it in with a big dent and 20,000 more miles on it. What is fair is fair.

Tom